Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
2,865 results
All reviewsolympic parkwestfield shopping centregreat location for shoppingmeal dealthyme restaurantcentral linefamily roomjubilee linest pancraslondon skylinetransport linksyour doorstepeasy accessgood nights sleepexcellent stayfirst floorkey card
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel, I've stayed in many premier inns all over the country on business so should know what to expect. Firstly the hotel does not have its own car park, you have to use the Westfield shopping centre car park, the sat-nav post code didn't take me to the car park, instead to the bus drop off area, once I'd found the car park I had to find the hotel, after finding a very small sign to premier inn I got in the lift to the 'Shops'. Then I couldn't see another sign, after walking around the shopping centre with my suitcase and computer bag for 3/4 hour I finally found the hotel outside the shopping centre. I'm now really not happy. Once in the hotel you have to get the lift to the reception floor. Check in was reasonably and the receptionist said people had trouble finding the hotel. Eventually I got to my room. it was clean and tidy and overlooked the train lines. The windows don't open but the air-con was fine. The evening meal was very nice served by very pleasant staff, (not English but that doesn't matter). I had a good nights sleep but could have slept on a log anyway. Breakfast the following morning should have been at 6.30 but they were late for some reason. In the end I just helped myself. No one asked me what room I was in. The breakfast was buffet help your self but was well cooked and hot. The hotel is OK but I wont stay here again due to the difficulties with finding the place and parking. If parking was free for hotel guests that would take some of the pain away.

Room Tip: I suppose the higher you go the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JonKingsLynn
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am currently staying here on a four day business trip. I have two nights to go. I have stayed here before, but I did not review it then. As this week has been 'eventful' I shall tell you the story so far . . . .

Monday.
Parked in the Mall car park (with a reasonable overnight charge of £5 for the location) and went to level 1 to check in. Automatic check-in gave me an even-numbered room overlooking the Stratford International Railway Station. Entered the middle lift. Card reader failed to work (which is needed to get to your room). Used another lift. On entry the room was clean and comfortable.

Tuesday.
5:55am. Woken by a group of Japanese tourists talking loudly in the corridor outside my room. Their apology in broken English was pointless when I challenged them.
6:30am. Went down to breakfast (as it is supposed to start at 6:30am).
6:31am. Overheard waitress shouting "I'm not rushing because someone is waiting early".
6:40am. Seated for breakfast. Had to have tea as the coffee machine had not been replenished. Had to find a bowl and cutlery for cereal. Staff did not care about customers wanting service (incidentally, it appears that there are no English born staff member present for breakfast).

Wednesday.
5:45am. Woken by the first Eurostar train passing at speed 6 floors below me.
6:55am. Breakfast was slightly better. Very busy and seated at an uncleared, uncleaned table. Coffee machine working. Bread still partly frozen. Butter too cold to spread.
14:15pm. Arrived to my room to find the cleaner still working. Her three words of English were of little comfort. She finished and I placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door.
15:30pm. Disturbed by a tap-tap-tap on the door as (yet another) non-English member of staff needed to gain entry; possibly to inspect the room. "Can't you see the sign?".
"So sorry. So sorry". Pathetic!!

This room has cost my company a considerable sum for the four night stay. I have two more nights and two more breakfasts to go. Wish me Well.

Room Tip: Even number rooms will be disturbed by passing trains.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greyvanman
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband & I stayed here while visiting family locally. More than just the bog standard premier inn. As it's a new hotel felt very clean. Great views over Olympic village. Great customer services. Great breakfast. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ideal location for underground, rooms as expected, comfortable and have everything you need for a visit.staff will accommodate you the best they can as in my case an early check in if you contact in advance. Great staff with not one hassle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our first stay there was so great that we booked another stay months in advance. Second time around it turned out to be a nightmare. I have been waiting for 10 months for Premier Inn to resolve an issue but never got back to me. Anyway our first night stay with 3 kids which one was 3 months old, we encountered bed bugs to our horror at 3am when it was time for a baby feed. Hubby was riddled with bites and thankfully I didnt put the baby down long on the bed for her feed for her to get bit. We complained to the night manager and she took care of us, got us another room on a fully booked night and helped us move our stuff. Hubby was even told by employees that heard what happened to us that the 10th floor had to be closed off to treat an infestation of bed bugs, so we werent too happy to hear a whole floor had an issue. Finally went to sleep at 5am but then woke up to fire alarms and a hotel evacuation at 6am. Couldnt get back to the room till almost 8am. After catching up on sleep that day hubby and kids woke up to bites that were now swollen, red and itchy. One child had a severe allergic reaction in several areas that we cut our 5 day trip to 4 and because of the swollen bites and lack of sleep due to the bugs we hardly did anything we previously planned to do. Even though we got compensated for our stay, it was definitely a wasted trip. We even had to throw away a lot of items to ensure we didnt bring home any bugs and then need to do costly treatments. We asked that it was only fair for Premier Inn to pay for our luggage, baby bag, kids backpacks and pyjamas that we threw out, but they replied to say we need to supply them with receipts of our items, but who has receipts for items bought months or years ago??? Just very disappointed that they didnt do the right thing by replacing those items and that due to their bug problem we had to shell out money to replace those items as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jencf74
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.