“Beware of Room 482”

Ranked #463 of 842 Speciality Lodging in London
London, United Kingdom
“Beware of Room 482”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is good and clean and so is the Dolphin Inn annex. Staff are also good but 2 Italians living in the room thinks that they own the room and have the right to dictate how the new travellers should do or live.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Unbelievable2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Me and 3 mates stayed here last night after seeing The Stone Roses at Finsbury Park. Yes the place is a bit old and needs an update, but for £99 for the night (LESS THAN £25 EACH!!!!) you cannot complain! We were in room 282, the bedding was fresh, the room was clean and the bathroom was small but very clean. Literally a 2 minute walk from Paddington station as well so the location is perfect! If you want somewhere posh to stay then this isn't the place for you. Do not listen to the reviews below, if you're a group of mates who will only be in the room for somewhere to sleep then this is spot on and cheap! Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lee B
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Dolphin Inn's annex, presently called the Lodge, with a group of high school students. It's a very simple hotel suitable for school groups and the like. The single room which I had as a leader was clean and had ensuite facilities but quite small. Walls are thin, so one can hear people coming in at night. My class was well-behaved and quiet, but I can imagine that a group of noisy teenagers would be very disturbing indeed. The students were not happy about being up to six people in a room and having to share the toilet and shower.

Breakfast was served in the Dolphin Inn and not at the Lodge. Food was adequate but not thrilling. The location is, however, perfect -- close to Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations and with lots of nearby bus stops.

One thing I would like to mention is the hotel's honesty. A student forgot 10 pounds in a plastic bag and the money was sent on to us! Amazing!

Would I use the hotel again? With a school group, yes; with my wife and family, never!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Unhappy14

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This is most unfriendly staff and the managers are a disgrace to the name manager!!! Most unhelpfull, ask to phone the taxi and explain where the front door of hotel was, because the adress we received via email were wrong, the manager said is was not his problem! Check in tine was 14h00 arrived at 14h30, the rooms were not ready, told by staff to come back in an hour!!! Smallest bathrooms and narrow stairs are nothing in comparison with the rudeness of the staff and managers!!!! All travellers please stay away from this HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Heloise L
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Great location .....but it would be better if I had stayed somewhere alse . I spend there 5 horrible days I really regret my choise . I know its a hostel I wasn't expecting much but there are limits. They gave me a room upstairs ( those stairs were really narrow I was about to fall ) the walls were so thin that I could here people talking from the room next to mine .There were people who maintain that were very noisy in the morning and extremely rude when I complane to them . They were just shouting and yelling to watch other on the backyard of the building were my room was . I will never come back to this hostel ...ever .

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Hannahweiss
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is the worst establishment I have ever stayed at. The bed covers were soiled (brown, yellow, and red splotches - the full spectrum). But this pales in comparison with how soiled the attitude of the manager was. We paid for two beds, recieved only one, and were forced to spend the night in horrible dicomfort. Upon complaining in the morning, the manager's response was not a refund of any sort, a discount for the mistake or anything of that sort. He said you can leave if you want, that it's not his problem, and in the ensuing 45 minute argument, he at one point used the analogy of shooting us. The fact that this man somehow got one of those certified hotel certificates makes me doubt the "British standard". Additionally, it was rather curious how his entire staff were young, scared-looking, and rather incompitent women. Going in, we did not expect any luxuries (we're young students travelling on a very low budget and we've thoroughly enjoyed the UK and all the other hostels and hotels we've been too), but the discourtious manor in which we were treated outshown any dirty room, cramped space, bad location, and incompetently staffed hostel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hayskeys
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2006

The couple in the check-in counter was INCREDIBLY RUDE! They didn't care about the guests at all. Their only mission was to ruin our vacation.
The toilets were in a horrible condition and didn't work properly.
I would recommend other travellers to stay as far from this hostel as possible.

I guess that just about sums it up.

• Stayed July 2005