“Mouth-wateringly good!”

Cuisines: International
London, United Kingdom
“Mouth-wateringly good!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

If you have ever eaten Mauritian food before you will know how out-of-this-world delicious it is. Most restaurants can't capture the full flavour of home-cooked food for whatever reason but this place does. It reminds me of my mum's cooking and no word of a lie, my mouth waters just thinking about it. If you haven't tried Mauritian food before and can't afford the trip, go to Turnpike Lane and succumb to the flavour. The restaurant itself is not huge on ambiance or décor but they are friendly, portion sizes are good and most importantly the food is amazing. I will take my mum there to get her opinion when she next visits. I combine my visit with a trip to the cinema or the TK Maxx up the street as it's out of my way.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank oblongdisorder

London, United Kingdom
“Love the Place.”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My favourite dishes are the noodle, dhall puri, the fish curry and the desserts. Friendly people and a nice atmosphere! Price slightly on the high side but will definitely go back!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Michelle T
London
“Good home made Mauritian Food”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have been going to this restaurant for the past 2 years, and it has never disappointed me on the quality of food on offer. For any Mauritian living in London, who craves the taste of home, this is the place to visit. The Dholl Puris are one of the best I have tasted in the UK, despite the meagre filling, as they are freshly made on site. There is a great variety of dishes on offer, like briani chicken, lamb, fish, and sometimes beef, and the normal curries chicken, fish, ourite, prawn, etc. The snacks on offer gato piments, arouille, samosa, although pricey, are also available as are pastries like napolitaine, pui damour, and gato banane The restaurant itself can accommodate around 25 people, and serve drinks like Eski and Pearona. Be very aware of the parking restrictions outside the restaurant and on the side streets.

• Visited September 2011