“Just ok”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Quite big place, packed with waiters. Wide variety of indian dishes. Shared a variety of dishes, chicken and lamb, that al had distinct flavours and were good. Waiter not really helpful with choosing the food (we were not really familiar with the dishes and differences). I felt rushed all evening long - bringing mains in the middle of having starters, rushing to take plates away, bringing the bill while still having drinks and not asking for it...

1  Thank mzbpet

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with friends.
Been here a few times before, though at least a year ago.
To be honest wasn't too keen on going; was a friend's choice.
We ordered a Mixed grill, tandoori rotis, Biriyani and a Karahi Lamb. The mixed grill had no tandoori chicken and lamb cubes. Only had three items: chicken cubes, shish kebab and lamb chops. For almost £15 this wasn't good, especially when it was missing 2 other items. The Biriyani was terrible. The Biriyani sauce and the lamb Karahi had the same flavour. Not the best Karahi I've had. They didn't offer any beef on the menu, which was also upsetting. The service was generally good. However I wasn't happy with the flavour, quality and qualtity of food. Wouldn't like to come back as there are so many more restaurants to try. Would rather re-visit Madina Grill on Canon Street.

1  Thank Tanvir T
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I visited in a Monday lunchtime on my own. I ordered the lamb chops (4 for £7.50). roti and lamb samosa. The samosa was floppy like it had been microwaved, tasted good but disappointing. The bread was light and fresh and lightly crisp on the surface, the lamb chops were fantastically good, for me perfectly spiced. My right hand is temporarily out of commission so I can't use a knife, thankfully the chops were properly trimmed and can be eaten just straight off the bone. They were so good I ordered another 4.
I had a mango lassi which was sweet and lovely and came in what was like a steel bucket.

This was all so good I went back the following day and tried the dry meat curry. This was really rich, tender, lean and delicious, again with another roti and lassi.

Really highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I'm a madras/Baltic kind of woman and was worried looking at the menu as I didn't recognise any dish but the gent who served us was more than happy to tell me what was in the dishes. Turns out beautiful curry, lovely spices and nice atmosphere!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

No fuss place and ideal for couples, families and group of friends.
Food is ok like the price but far from good dining, staff although is very friendly and accomodating.