“Excellent.”

The Dean Swift
Ranked #967 of 24,426 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dean Swift, the original Local Beer House located near Tower Bridge in Butler's Wharf, SE1. Built on a reputation of serving some of the finest craft beer from London and further afield. Alongside a food offering that has seen the Dean Swift rated as one of the Top 20 Sunday roasts in London by the Evening Standard.
Reviewed 10 July 2013

All it doesn't have is the view - but the food and the collection of beers is excellent...

Service is very good too.

1  Thank MM7719

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We discovered this address 2 years ago, looking for a pub serving wonderful beers not in a touristic place, we came back this month with also our 6 years old son. The place is just perfect, people smiling and gentle, very open to help you in your choise of beer and food. They serve a good menu . You have the experience as a local, we loved our dinner and we will reccomend absolutly a stop for a beer.

1  Thank francesca M
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been to the Dean Swift twice though I live in the area. Bith times it has been very nice.

My most recent visit occured last week when my partner and I were looking for a decent Sunday Roast that didn't require out hungover bodies to have to travel too far.

We popped in to The Dean Swift and discovered it had been given a face lift and was now under new managment. The staff were friendly and service was good.

I believe they do a couple if meat dishes for the roast (my boyfriend had the pork belly) and I had the vegetarian roast. The pork looked lovely and came with proper roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips, braised red cabbage and a massive yorkie pud as well as a generous slab of crackling. The vegetarian roast was a feast for the eyes. It consists of a deep green spinach and mascarpone roulade which you pour bright purple beetroot jus on to. It was gorgeous and came with the regular trimmings you would expect.

Although not the best veggie roast I have ever had it was certainly memorable and I would absolutely recommend it. Although I would have prefered veggie gravy if I am being really honest, it was still a very special plate of food. I believe it was arpund £14.00 for the pork and around £12.00 for the vegetarian roast.

They have a good selection of ales, beers and wine and there is a small, intimate feeling about the place. If you live nearish then definitely give it a go.

1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Living just near the Dean Swift (DS), I get the chance to indulge upon different beers from Belgium. As a fan of Pilsner beers, I really enjoy the house Pilsner served at the DS. The team are very nice and the food is fine. Nevertheless, the latter is not fascinating as it looks like in the pictures posted on the DS facebook page!
In general, if you looking for a pub with nice, warm atmosphere around Tower Bridge, the Dean Swift is the address.

1  Thank Majeed S
Reviewed 29 March 2013

very disappointed with our recent visit, the staff were very slow and very rude, two beers came to over £11.
the main problem came when we were ignored at the bar for 5 minutes in a pretty empty pub. then the unfriendly bar staff charged us extra for an alternative beer when realising they didnt have another barrel available. this was after sitting around for ten minutes, it would have been ok if she was friendly about it, rather than hostile.
inside the pub there was no atmosphere.

The nearby Drafthouse and Anchor Tap pubs are a lot more friendly and better value for money

I wouldn't recommend the Dean Swift at all.