“Great Friday Lunch!”

Princess Victoria Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Princess Victoria Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #631 of 24,089 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Welcome to Kensington's very own Princess Victoria. Just as Kensington itself is steeped in history dating back to the Doomsday Book, Princess Victoria is proudly housed in a classic early Victorian building, whose history, character and style flow through every part of our Public House and Restaurant.From the inviting ground floor bar to the comfortable first floor restaurant, wherever you find yourself in the Princess Victoria you will find an ambience which is casual yet stylish in which to enjoy lunch or dinner. Speciallity on Tapas & weekend brunch.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was suggested this place by a friend who lives in Kensington saying it was a great place to grab a bite and a glass of wine after some shopping. Walked in and was immediately greeted by a nice waiter who showed us to a table. It was a sunny day so the French windows were all open onto the little terrace outside, unfortunately all the tables outside were full but with a nice breeze it felt the same. Had a tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad which was delicious accompanied by a glass of sancerre. Was convinced by the waiter to try the Pecan Pie......felt like thanksgiving, melt in mouth. Will definitely be back for more!

2  Thank Noosh M

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked a table for the holiday weekend - not necessary as the although the pub part downstairs was packed, the resaurant section upstairs was quiet. This is not a gastro pub, and the food is really the better level of typical pub grub but the restaurant has no atmosphere. The service was good and the location convenient for EarlsCourt and Kensington High Street.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my evening here,
Very friendly, charming and dare I say attractive bar and waiting staff, with a chilled out yet sophisticated atmosphere, it's all about the perfect lighting, a delicious escape from the harshness of the outdoor torments this May

1  Thank flippydipps
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely Gastro pub on Earls Court Road in Kensington well worth the disintegrating it gets on trip advisor.
We originally tried to eat in the super busy but were glad to have been unable to find a spare table.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Before we tried Princess Victoria, which was a reasonable walk from our hotel down Earls Court Road in Kensington, we had eaten at another popular pub in central London. At that place, I wanted one of the pot pies, but my first, second, and third choices were already sold out (at 4 PM!) so I had the fish and chips. DH, however, had the steak and ale pie there, and it was mediocre at best, so we were a bit pie-shy. However, what Princess Victoria served was pie perfection! I ordered the chicken pie, with peas, leeks, potatoes, and asparagus I think, and it was simply divine. The crust was flaky, medium-brown, and not at all soggy on the bottom. There were many large chunks of tender chicken breast, and the veggies were very tasty. DH ordered breads, which were fine but nothing really special. But the real treat was the rocket. What's rocket? Well, we didn't know either, but we had seen it on lots of menus so we asked the sweet waitress. She looked a bit shocked, then said somewhat shyly, "I'm assuming you mean the menu item...?" LOL Good question. She then said she'd have the kitchen send some for us, gratis. A minute later, a small plate piled with what looked like weed leaves was offered. She told us it was slightly spicy, and, sure enough, it had a definite peppery taste, especially if I chewed it way back in my mouth, letting it make contact with the back of my tongue.

So it's not, as the name might imply, a pickle or a zucchini. In fact, it's arugula! A much more peppery arugula than that we get here in the US, so I really liked it. I'm going to try growing it.

I also tried yet another local IPA and was not disappointed. The bartender was very busy with 3 other American patrons, much younger and livelier folks, but he managed to satisfy both floors of this busy little pub. Don't miss it if you're in kensington.

1  Thank pandora518