“InterContinental London Westminster”

Ranked #50 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Baildon, United Kingdom
“InterContinental London Westminster”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

The hotel is new and therefore very clean and fresh in every nook and cranny. The staff where all exceptionally polite and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, with robes and slippers (the robes still had fluffy bits dropping off them because they are so new). The bed and pillows where very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and the water pressure and water temperature was perfect. A large selection of drinks and snacks in the fridge. The only thing I could not find was a shoe polisher, but as I did not ask I cannot say that one did not exist. After spending the day shopping we arrived late back and had drinks in the bar, which is set out really nice - open spaces and tables tucked away in alcoves for the more private conversations. We had breakfast in the restaurant I chose the full English and it was lovely and set me up for the day.

Room Tip: I am confident this hotel does not have a bad room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank impy_01
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Impy_01

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us in Westminster, it is great to read that the team at the hotel stood out during your time with us, please be assured we share all our feedback with them and they will be thrilled to read your comments. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in the bar, it is quickly becoming the place to meet in Westminster Village and a great place to be seen…. Or not be seen depending on the reason for your visit.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2012

There are simply not enough superlatives to describe the elegance and quality of the InterContinental London Westminster. The reception, bar and concierge teams could not have been more welcoming and helpful. This is the only hotel to stay in when visiting London.

1 Thank Steven T
Dear StevenT

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, it is great to read that the team at the hotel stood out during your time with us, please be assured we share all our feedback with them and they will be thrilled to read your comments.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I just returned from staying for two days at the Intercontinental London Westminster. This is a new property so the rooms are great. I was upgraded to a suite. Very nice. The amenities in the room are modern and very nice. Plenty of power options. Wifi is good. The location is very close to the Parliament buildings, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben. Buckingham Palace is a 10 minute walk. Shopping on Regent Street is about 15mins walking away. St. James's Park Tube station is right across the street so there is easy access to all parts of the city. Not much night life close by.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PeteandKerry
Dear Peteandkerry

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our fantastic suites. As you rightly point out our location, only a two minutes walk to Westminster Abbey is great for those wanting to explore the political heartland of the city.

Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Great rooms with lots of gadgets,nice bed.... Slept for hours
Will I return .... Yes .... Only as a treat as I live in London ,would certainly spend time in the bar people watching,not sure if luxury deserves a price of breakfast (at the price in the menu )though

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Hairyguy1
Dear Hairyguy1

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us even as a local!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the new Intercontinental hotel in Westminster and were really impressed with the service and the restaurant.

The check in staff were very friendly, in fact all staff we came into contact with were really enthusiastic, possibly because the hotel had just opened, so I really hope that doesn't ware off!

Our room was a little on the small side and it overlooked some offices so I would definitely recommend asking for a room at the front of the hotel. The huge plasma TV was great (you could also plug in your ipod to the system and there were speakers in the bathroom!) The Egyptian Cotton sheets were very luxurious and the bed was very comfortable.

As with most intercontinental hotels the room did feel a little corporate with a good desk area for business travellers.

Location wise it's on the doorstep of St James Park tube which is a bonus although when coming back to the hotel we had to explain to our cabby where it was (again probably due to the newness factor).

We had dinner in the Blue Boar restaurant which was delicious. I would highly recommend the steak with the oyster inside it. (Sounds odd but it was so good!) Service was great and it had a nice cosy atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially visitors to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel because otherwise you are overlooking offices.
1 Thank Cathy C
Dear CathyC

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the food in Blue Boar, the Carpet Bag Fillet has been one of our most popular dishes along with our Blue Boar Ribs and Pulled Pork.

Derby
Reviewed 17 December 2012

All I can say is WOW!

I recently stayed at the beautiful Hotel for a weekend away in London. As I live quite a distance I arrived early at the Hotel hoping to drop off some of our bags. This was around 10am and I was pleasantly surprised when we could check in at this time. We were checked in promptly by a lovely receptionist who was very friendly and showed us to the lift.

The room was literally perfect and immaculate. The bed has Egyptian cotton sheets and was so cosy it was difficult to get out of the next morning. Loved the layout of the room and the bathroom was incredible.

Did not use the restaurants but I'm pretty sure they would have been incredible as well. Can not recommend this Hotel enough!! Staff were perfect overly polite and helpful; opening doors, carrying luggage etc.

The St. James tube stop is literally over the road – 10 steps away!

Thank you for such a wonderful stay and cannot wait to stay again.

2 Thank Peng33
Dear Peng33

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the comfort of your room.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

An odd thing to say perhaps but this hotel is so new, not even the cabbies know of it. As a Platinum member with IHG I was keen to experience only the 2nd Intercontinental in the UK. The welcome was exceptional from all the staff with whom we came into contact with, particularly from the front desk upon arrival.
The room was slightly on the small side I thought (Superior I was told) but everything catered for, complimentary drinks, great coffee machine and good selection of tea's. Bathroom good size, walk-in shower excellent. All towels and bed linen of a good quality as you would expect. (One small detail, no towel hook for easy access after having a shower). No full length mirror either, anywhere in the room.

We had decided to book lunch in the Blue Boar for the Sunday but we were not made aware that it was Brunch only, certainly not the case when we booked. At £50 a head, it came as a bit of a shock and had we known in advance, rather than being told we were the first EVER to have brunch, we may have elected to eat elsewhere as we were not overly hungry. In fact we were the only ones dining between 12 and 2 and it was considerably lacking in atmosphere. No ones fault of course as it is so new.
The help-yourself buffet for starters and desert contained a good combination of choices and very well presented - a lot of food for only two! Main course of Roast Beef was a mixture of excellent (sirloin- tender and beautifully rare) and not so excellent (Yorkshire Pudding wasn't the best - dry and cardboardy)
As I stayed using my Priority Club points, I can't comment on the cost of our stay except to say that we were disappointed over the Sunday Brunch and not being made aware of the change upon arrival.

A few teething problems but I am confident it will become a popular hotel on the London scene.

2 Thank floyd32
Dear Floyd32

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us and while a couple of areas were not to your liking I am pleased to see a number of points that stood out, in particular our team and the in room facilities. It is worth pointing out that we have now installed full length mirrors into all of our bedrooms for our guests convenience.

Kind Regards