Conrad London St. James
US$156
US$144
US$204
3,537 results
All reviewsblue boarwestminster abbeythe executive loungejames park tube stationbig bendirectly across the streetrain showernespresso machineafternoon teaturn down serviceluxury hotelwonderful hotellarge bathroomconcierge stafflondon eyeexcellent locationsuperior room
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this new hotel with a party of 9 people. The hotel is very new and clean but there were a few technical problems. First the room heater was on and I couldn't turn it off. The hotel sent up a maintenance engineer and he couldn't turn it off either. He opened a window and stated that was all that he could do. They finally got the heater turned off for my last night. I am a platinum level Royal Amabassador but I wasn't offered an upgrade or a club level room.
It's very close to Westminster Abby and the St James Tube stop.
I'd wait a few months until they work all of the bugs out of this hotel before returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank harco11
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Harco11

Thank you for the review of your stay with us and I am sorry you encountered issues with the heating in your room however I am pleased that you thought our cleanliness, service and location are all worthy of a five star rating. Unfortunately as a Royal Ambassador, unless you book a Club InterContinental room or higher, the upgrade entitled by your membership does not include this access.

I do hope you will choose us again when visiting London and our team are looking forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Let's start saying the hotel is really nice: new, elegant, central and quiet.
Unfortunately i've found out at the hotel that the gym is still closed. When i made the rservation this information was not given: this is not serious.
They will give you a pass for the gym of a different hotel that is 10 minutes walking time from Intercontinental.
But this is only the good part.
The staff is not trained at all!
We spent 6 nights in the hotel and at least 8 times some staff entered our room when we were inside!
On the night of january 31st i was a little sick and so I went to bed before midnigt. At midnight they come to my romm to bring me back my laundry!!!!! CRAZY
I'm an ambassador member but, first time in my life, they did not upgraded me.
So for me it is a negative review of a very nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Principissimo
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Principissimo

It is with regret that you encountered issues during your recent stay with us over the New Year period, as you will see from the majority of our posts this is not indicative of our usual high standards and I must apologise if you have not experienced this. Please be assured we will use this feedback to make sure we are consistently achieving the standards we expect.

I am pleased to inform readers of this review that the gym is about to open within the next week and will be a great benefit to all of our guests, I apologise this was not available on your visit.

I hope that your experiences do not put you off returning to us again and would ask that if you have the opportunity to return to London you contact me directly to personally look after your stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Just came back after 4 nights at the hotel with my husband and 2 kids. I am not too thrilled about hotels and i am very picky about cleanliness so we chose this hotel because it is new. Wow, I actually didint feel disgusted and i slept all four nights like a baby!! I always choose 5star hotels for this reason but i always end up sleeping on the chairs!! Staff? cannot say enough! Marilia at the front desk, the nicest girl , Nassim & David outside i cannot thank them enough for putting up with my kids running up an down, concierge people, all 3 of them Amazingly helpful!! The lady in the lounge with the black ponytale was the only person ruining my stay when she told me not to take my coffee outside the lounge. first day we asked her if we could and she said of course and after 3 days she decided to be rude!!! Anyway, hotel is close to westminster abbey, big ben, london eye. We just walked there! My kids had 2 lovely teddy bears waiting for them in the room, they had bathrobes and felt welcomed im the hotel area ( despite the fact that they were running around).
The restaurant Blue Boar has fantastic food by the way and my kids were given dough and chocolate to decorate their own ginger bread man!!
This hotel and mostly the people made our stay extremely nice and made me change my idea of hotels and people in London. Thank u all and keep up the standards. I will come back to see my friends there. Whoever visits, please say hi to Nassim and David from us!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Christina420

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us and I am delighted that your family had a great stay with us and that in particular the team looked after you during your stay, I will of course pass on your thanks to them as well as our housekeeping team who keep the hotel looking immaculate.

It was our pleasure to look after you and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was looking forward to trying out this hotel, but really wished i'd stuck with IC Park Lane instead. Yes, the hotel is nice and new, but the whole operation feels disjointed. I really expected it to be better. In truth, the place shouldn't be open yet, because there are still a LOT of issues that need to be resolved.
In spite of the professionalism and enthusiasm of many of the staff, one cannot help but feel that they have simply been left to it by their management. The place feels as if no-one is really sure what they are doing (and there is no-one to help)
I requested a suite upgrade by email, based on me booking an Executive room, (As Royal Ambassador) and the reservations manager said he would put a note on my booking to upgrade to suite, if suites were available. Upon check-in i was told suites weren't available in spite of IHG.COM showing they were, and the fact that the place was almost empty. In the end i received a one level upgrade to a club room. The club lounge is nice but the F + B offerings are minimal.
On the second night, they closed the club lounge without notice/explanation. I was told to have breakfast in the restaurant instead. Front desk insisted a message had been sent to my TV to explain, but there wasn't a message there when i went back to the room. (The TV didn't work properly anyway.)
The mini-bar was poor. They offer around a quarter of the Park Lane mini-bar, no wine or champagne either, and worse still, they charge for snacks.
We ordered room service, but it never arrived, and it had to be removed from the bill on checkout.
I've read about people with no status booking through 3rd party sites at reduced rates getting better treatment, and that's not right. Overall, It was an opportunity to impress their RA customers in particular, and they failed. I emailed AMB services to express my disappointment, and, while I received a few points by way of compensation, i found the conclusion unsatisfactory. Apparently, my comments were forwarded to the hotel manager, but he has yet to reply. I won't hold my breath.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear, as there can be a lot of street noise, especially during the week.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank karltop75

Dear Karltop75

Thank you for the review of your stay with us in Westminster and I must apologise if your stay did not meet your expectations despite our team trying to resolve the issues for you during your time with us. As you are already speaking with our Guest Relations team I am disappointed we could not resolve your issues prior to your post however I am sure they will be able to satisfy your frustration fully.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Amazing Location: 15 seconds from a "tube/Underground" stop, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, etc. etc. Staff is UNBELIEVABLE. Ryan the concierge has mastered his craft (along with the other concierge's) and with proper notice can "magically" get you into anything: michelin star restaurants, broadway shows, football games, etc. Rooms aren't massive, but just what you need and sooo comfortable! Shower + Bathroom is great! TV state of the art! Early Check Ins + Late Check Outs! Stayed For New Years Eve and was PERFECT location, 2 minutes from a amazing view of the fireworks! It will be no time before the Intercontinental Westminster is the FLAGSHIP one of London due to their: facilities, location, STAFF and service!

Will be staying there again and again when I go to London!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan S

Dear Jordan S

Thank you for the fantastic review following your recent stay in Westminster, I am delighted to read that our team, in particular Ryan stood out during your visit, as you say we are ideally located for the London Fireworks and it is great that you had the opportunity to see 2013 arrive in style.

Wishing you a prosperous New Year