“Jolly excellent.....”

Ranked #48 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Frome, United Kingdom
“Jolly excellent.....”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel but most importantly excellent staff,who were friendly and very helpful.My room was lovely,clean and with nice touches.very nice deep Bath,and a walk in shower with nice toiletries ,large fluffy towels...superb location for visiting the sites or for just chilling!

Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Phillicj
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Phillicj

Thank you for your positive review following your stay with us and you enjoyed many of the home comforts in our bedrooms.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Westminster in the near future.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I spent 2 award nights in this newly refurbished Intercontinental Westminster with my wife along a weekend, and we were very impressed by the decor, the finishing of every detail and the relaxed atmosphere within. Just a few meters from the famous Abbey and the Thames, this hotel offers the top stand of the brand with the modern touch of a design hotel: glass-fitted TV, soft-led lighting, a Nespresso machine and luxury marbles and toiletries make even a Classic room look regimental and elegant.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AliEnrico
Dear Alienrico

Thank you for your positive review following your stay with us and I am pleased you enjoyed many aspects of your visit not to mention our unique location adjacent to St James Park tube station which allows easy access to the city as well as being a stones throw from many of the political landmarks such as Whitehall, 10 Downing Street and House of Parliament.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Westminster in the near future.

buckinghamshire
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night so area around the hotel was pretty dead. Booked a club room, and as a Royal Ambassador normally get a good upgrade but not so forthcoming at this property. Breakfast was ok. Minibar was very poor only a few beers and soft drinks. I've had much better experiences at Hilton Canary Wharf and other IC hotels in the US (esp San Francisco..it was awesome) For the price, would recommend looking elsewhere. Contacted priority club 2 weeks ago with my comments not heard anything from the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amit1978
Dear Amit1978

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and my apologies if no one has contacted you, I do not recall seeing an email from you however if you contact me at the hotel I am more than happy to discuss this with you. My direct line is 0203 3011392.

Since your post I can confirm that we have improved the content of our mini bars following guest feedback including more variety of choice and as a Royal Ambassador you should benefit from this.

I do hope that given benefit of time you will allow us the opportunity to welcoming you to the hotel once again in the near future.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Outstanding, modern hotel with excellent service. Polite, friendly and attentive staff. Super-clean, great attention to detail and child friendly. High qualities of teas , Nespresso coffee and Molton Brown toiletries in the room. Very comfortable bed with soft bedding. The vanilla marshmallows given to us as a good night treat were out of this world!

The restaurant is modern and elegant, with attentive and helpful staff. The breakfast menu is not extensive, however the food was cooked to perfection with generous portions and, for central London, was reasonably priced.

Fantastic location with tube access, only 10 minutes’ walk to Buckingham Palace and 5 minutes’ walk to the Houses of Parliament.

We’ll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hana J
Dear Hana J

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team as well as comfortable rooms were the highlights of your visit.

As you say our rooms are all equipped with Nespresso machines with a choice of blends to suit your taste as well as a varied selection of teas from Jing. I am pleased you enjoyed your turn down gift, our Head Pastry Chef, Ryan Thompson and his team have fun creating lots of different treats for our guests to enjoy.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This Hotel is located in the heart of London, a 2 minute wake to Westminster Abbey and right across St James Park subway station... The Rooms are spacious and very comfortable... The team here are fantastic and very professional... Its perfect weather you are traveling on business or leisure...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Shailup

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team and location were the highlights of your visit.

UK
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The hotel is in a great location. Convenient for public transport - buses and tube, as well as taxis.

We were made most welcome by all the staff as we entered the hotel. Reception informed us we had been upgraded to a superior room.

On entering the room there is a large lobby. Straight ahead a large, luxurious bathroom with super soft robes and towels.

To the left is the bedroom which to be honest was small - big enough for a very comfortable king size bed and a desk. To the side of the desk was a unit which housed the kettle and coffee maker. Both the tea and coffee were of good quality with fresh milk in the refrigerator.

The look of the room is modern and stylish, which we liked. However, the design was not always practical. For example, the basin shelf has a small gap at both ends - big enough for toiletries to fall through. And not all rooms have a comfortable sitting chair.

Our teething difficulties were small and especially well managed, and did not impact on our enjoyment of the hotel.

We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Competency
Dear Competency

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the location convenient to explore the city.

I do apologise that you experienced issues during your stay however I am delighted that our team could resolve these for you, as a new hotel we are learning about our operation everyday and it is imperative our team are empowered to do what it takes to put right issues that arise, please be assured I will share your comments with our team.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Intercontinental London Westminster is situated in the centre of the city, just round the corner from New Scotland Yard and a 2 minute walk from Westminster Abbey. On arriving at the concierge I was met by two very friendly staff that expedited the check-in.

My room was on the fifth floor, it was light and airy with a queen size bed, en-suit bathroom, the bathroom was equipped with a bath, separate shower room and segregated toilet. When I entered the room I received a call from the concierge to inform me that the mini bar was complimentary, when I queried this she assured me that all the items in the mini-bar were in fact free of charge, however when I checked out I found that they had charged me for everything I had taken from the bar, in addition I had been charged for two phone calls (being the owner of a mobile phone) that I had not made.

Breakfast was excellent, it is one of the few places that serve kippers as well as the usual full English, Eggs Benedict etc.

We did not eat dinner in the hotel but preferred to eat out, however my friends that are from Norway were shocked when they had to pay £13 for a single cognac and as anyone who has been to Norway knows the price of alcohol in Norway is astronomical.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay if somewhat expensive, the service is fantastic as is the accommodation, It's London and they charge London prices.

Room Tip: Eat and drink in the bars and restaurants off the beaten track. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR BILL AT TH...