“From start to finish...EXCELLENT!!!”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #44 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Trinidad
“From start to finish...EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed 5 night recently and from being greeted by Naseem at the door by my name, which I was very surprised about, to the early check in the experience was excellent, to say the least.

I highly recommend The Blue Boar, we had some lovely evenings there. The manager from Chec, I cannot remember his name Zdenck, I think was extremely helpful and treated us great. Paolo and the other servers were great as well...

The room.....ahhhhhhhh...What a fantastic room!!! The television in the mirrored wall, the blinds that close with a touch of a button, the coffee machine (and I don't drink coffee), the vanity, the rain shower...I can go on and on...

The lounge is beautifully designed and furnished and the staff throughout is GREAT!!!

THANK YOU and see you soon...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Robert S
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Robert S

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that Naseem stood out during your stay, as our first impression he and David our two Doorman are receiving a lot of positive comments, please be assured I will share this with him.

I am also pleased Zdenek and Paolo looked after you in Blue Boar Bar, it has become a great hub of the Westminster Village for guests, politicians & lobbyists alike.

I do hope on your next visit to London we will be able to welcome you again.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here for one night, as a holiday, after the holiday with the children! The customer service is outstanding. Everyone is so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. When we arrived we found we had been upgraded, which was a very pleasant surprise. Five minutes after arriving in our room the receptionist called to ask if we were happy with our room and if there was anything else we needed or anything that wasnt right etc. The room itself was fairly compact but well designed. The TV was a particular feature, as it was set as a very large flat screen but with the surrounding glass acting as a mirror. The bathroom/shower area was very well designed also and made good use of the space. The bed was extremely comfortable. The most obvious highlight for me was the cleanliness of the whole hotel. I know it is fairly new but everywhere really was spotless.

The location is very good. We made use of its location to St. James Park to go for a run, which was very pleasant, taking in Buckingham Palace en route. I would definitely recommend this hotel. A real hidden gem.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
Dear Amanda C

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us in Westminster I am delighted you found a 'hidden gem' and enjoyed some many aspects of your stay.

As you point out the hotel is ideally located in the heart of the Westminster Village only five minutes from the House of Parliament and a stones throw of St James Park and the Mall.

I do hope we can welcome you again the near future.

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Thank you to all the staff at the Intercontinental for making our short stay so memorable. A special thank you to Julies the front desk manager and Dave the concierge who were outstanding during our entire stay always ready to help with a smile .

The rooms are outstanding , the location unbeatable within minutes walk of all the main London attractions . The standard of food and hospitality is extremely high . Although this is a mainstream group hotel the management and staff make every guest feel like they are staying with close friends that just happen to offer 5 star service with style - Will certainly go back and recommend this hotel to anyone needing to spend time in London .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon064
Dear Jon064

Thank you for your fantastic review following your most recent stay with us in Westminster, please be assured I will pass on your comments to both Julius and David. I am delighted that you felt like you were staying with friends and that the service was the area that stood out the most during your visit.

I do hope we can welcome you in the near future.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental London Westminster for four nights. The hotel is beautiful - rooms are new and thoughtfully designed - and the bathrooms are a real delight, very big by London standards, with a large bath and separate rain shower.

As an Ambassador member, I was given an upgrade to a King Executive, which is a bit larger than the standard Classic room. My room overlooked an interior courtyard and while the view was nothing special, my room was very quiet. I was initially given a room overlooking the street but found this a little noisy and my request to move to a quieter part of the hotel was quickly accommodated by the helpful reception staff. The quietness of the hotel deserves special mention because this is often not the case when a hotel is built within an existing heritage building.

Location-wise, the hotel is right across the street from the St James’s Park tube station and a short five minute walk from Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. New Scotland Yard with its famous revolving sign is also just a few steps away.

I liked the intimacy of the hotel and the design/theming is a nice touch, with a nod to both the history of the building and its location in the heart of Westminster. The fresh floral displays in the hotel lounge are really gorgeous.

I’ve tried quite a few hotels in London and this was by far my favourite. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

A brand new hotel in place of what used to be the old the UK secret service MI5 building. The hotel builds on its location and focuses on highlighting them through the interior decorations, which is genius (I have attached photos to see some examples). The carpets in the rooms have fingerprints on them paying tribute to the MI5.

The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. All furnished to a high class level, large flat screen TVs and big bathrooms with both separate shower and bathtub. All amenities are provided in the room even your own iron and ironing-board and a Nespresso machine. I only had breakfast at the hotel and must say it was delicious and the service is impeccable.

The hotel is located in the heart of Westminster so there are many beautiful sceneries and historical monuments all around and within walking distance, not to mention restaurants and pubs.

If I had to fault it, I would say that the view from the room I was staying in was not great. I was overlooking a small side street.

Other than that I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ash T
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel is situated right in the centre of Political london, opposite the St James tube station. There isn't much in the area, just a pub on the the other side of the road and thats about it, but one stop down the tube takes you to Victoria which has plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

I was checked in quickly by a very friendly member of staff who took me personally up to the room, as a platinum ambassador I was given a room upgrade to the deluxe room. The room was designed in a rectangle shape with an L shape forming round the bathroom. with a small entrance area fitted with a large mirror, a whole wall filled with wardrobe space, a small desk. The bathroom door was different, a sliding affair which contained a bath, separate toilet room and a shower with the sort of shower head you drown in ! However the best part of the room is a glass wall which hides the TV. I think its something completely unique and an excellent design decision. (but can have a downside as mentioned later) As its a near new hotel its all clean and nothing looks remotely worn or out of date.

Not long after getting into the room a female member of staff dressed in the old fashion maid's outfit asked if I required anything, was everything comfortable and if I would like a turndown service. Not long after she left I turned on the TV and it froze on me refusing to work. As the TV is behind a piece of glass I cant switch it off manually so had to call front desk to send a technician to reapir it.

The reception desk staff was very apologetic and the tech arrived quickly to reset the TV. After getting it working he admitted that they were having problems with the system, but it was a quick 5 minute fix and had no problem with it for the rest of the stay. About 30 minutes later I received a phone call asking if everything was in good order. Generally the staff were fantastic, all were friendly and couldn't do enough for you and they certainly give this hotel a advantage over the other IC in London.

I didn't use any other of facilities but have herd that the accompanying restaurant is certainly worth a visit. That night I slept very soundly in the sort of bed linen you expect of an Intercontinental. The hotel provides free wifi but its capped to 0.512 meg and any faster has to be paid for. The following morning I checked out early as I had a flight from LHR, its location means getting the tube to Paddington is very easy and you can be from the centre of London to LHR in under 50 minutes. I paid just under £200 for the night, which considering London luxury hotel prices makes it very competitive.

Luxury hotels in London tend to be either one of the following. Many such as Claridges and the Dorchester have old fashioned charm with impeccable service and edwardian/art deco rooms to match. Whilst I like the service I prefer my hotels to have a more contemporary style. The other half tend to be boutique hotels which have fantastic modern architecture and well designed room decorum, but then have arrogant almost rude service. Whilst I love the hotels designs I tend to hate the near rude service. In my opinion this hotel has managed to find the point where modern design and excellent service meet. It has contemporary modern designed rooms, filled with modern technology but managed to keep a high level of old fashioned service which luxury hotels in London have had for 150 years, it's staff, comfort and location make it easily one of the best Intercontinental I have stayed in.

If I have one criticism it was the wifi, whilst it is 'free' its quite slow and I found it inconsistent, going in and out of connection, whilst they are providing it for free I wont complain. However to cap the speed to me its just a little too cheap. Whilst I understand if its older hotel and its been retrospectively been fitted, but it is a brand new property so they would have been able to implement a wifi system within the hotel from scratch. I just hope eventually luxury hotels will eventually get out of this habit of charging for internet !

However this doesn't knock it of a 5/5 rating, this hotel is excellent edition to the London hotel scene and its easily one of the best around in the capital and has quickly become one of my favorite Intercontinental properties, I will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leaping_Deere
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were well looked after and given a beautiful suite on the top floor of the hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary
Staff were brilliant and location perfect
I would recommend the club lounge - good food and great staff
Ideal for a few nights away at a very central and quiet location

Room Tip: Splash out and stay in a club room