“Very nice high-end hotel”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #49 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was quite pleased with this hotel: extended my stay there two extra nights. The room was quite nice. The staff is very welcoming. I used the exercise room a couple of times: that was fine. I was a bit disappointed with the concierge on helping with tickets for a football game: I was able to get the tickets online for a great deal less (but my seats were probably not as good as the broker would have delivered).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear JRandom

Thank you for your positive review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and our Concierge team were able to secure you football tickets for the Premiership fixture.

I do hope on your next visit to London we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Having stayed in many London hotels i have never felt as welcomed and special as i as i did whilst staying at this hotel. I often find some front office staff very off hand but here i was warmly welcomed and made to feel like i was an old friend.

My room was gorgeous and possiblly the cleanest hotel room i have even stayed in, it was immaculate. The bed and linen is the highest quality as was the Molton Brown toiletries, i felt very spolied and the attention to detail by the housekeeping staff was terrific.

I had a coffee in the Tea Lounge and it is just the most beautiful place to sit and relax. The look and smell of the fresh flowers is wonderful. The service was first class.

I had a dinner arrangerment elsewhere, but next time i am here i will try their Smokehouse. The Bar is also a nice place to sit, over by the window and watch the world go by, keep an eye out for all the Political art work, like or loathe Politics, it gives you a wry smile.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank frequenttraveller674

Dear frequenttraveller674

Thank you for the wonderful review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and it is fantastic to read that you felt you were special during your visit. I am pleased you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay and that the service in the lounge stood out.

I do hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed 5 night recently and from being greeted by Naseem at the door by my name, which I was very surprised about, to the early check in the experience was excellent, to say the least.

I highly recommend The Blue Boar, we had some lovely evenings there. The manager from Chec, I cannot remember his name Zdenck, I think was extremely helpful and treated us great. Paolo and the other servers were great as well...

The room.....ahhhhhhhh...What a fantastic room!!! The television in the mirrored wall, the blinds that close with a touch of a button, the coffee machine (and I don't drink coffee), the vanity, the rain shower...I can go on and on...

The lounge is beautifully designed and furnished and the staff throughout is GREAT!!!

THANK YOU and see you soon...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Robert S

Dear Robert S

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that Naseem stood out during your stay, as our first impression he and David our two Doorman are receiving a lot of positive comments, please be assured I will share this with him.

I am also pleased Zdenek and Paolo looked after you in Blue Boar Bar, it has become a great hub of the Westminster Village for guests, politicians & lobbyists alike.

I do hope on your next visit to London we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here for one night, as a holiday, after the holiday with the children! The customer service is outstanding. Everyone is so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. When we arrived we found we had been upgraded, which was a very pleasant surprise. Five minutes after arriving in our room the receptionist called to ask if we were happy with our room and if there was anything else we needed or anything that wasnt right etc. The room itself was fairly compact but well designed. The TV was a particular feature, as it was set as a very large flat screen but with the surrounding glass acting as a mirror. The bathroom/shower area was very well designed also and made good use of the space. The bed was extremely comfortable. The most obvious highlight for me was the cleanliness of the whole hotel. I know it is fairly new but everywhere really was spotless.

The location is very good. We made use of its location to St. James Park to go for a run, which was very pleasant, taking in Buckingham Palace en route. I would definitely recommend this hotel. A real hidden gem.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C

Dear Amanda C

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us in Westminster I am delighted you found a 'hidden gem' and enjoyed some many aspects of your stay.

As you point out the hotel is ideally located in the heart of the Westminster Village only five minutes from the House of Parliament and a stones throw of St James Park and the Mall.

I do hope we can welcome you again the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Thank you to all the staff at the Intercontinental for making our short stay so memorable. A special thank you to Julies the front desk manager and Dave the concierge who were outstanding during our entire stay always ready to help with a smile .

The rooms are outstanding , the location unbeatable within minutes walk of all the main London attractions . The standard of food and hospitality is extremely high . Although this is a mainstream group hotel the management and staff make every guest feel like they are staying with close friends that just happen to offer 5 star service with style - Will certainly go back and recommend this hotel to anyone needing to spend time in London .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon064

Dear Jon064

Thank you for your fantastic review following your most recent stay with us in Westminster, please be assured I will pass on your comments to both Julius and David. I am delighted that you felt like you were staying with friends and that the service was the area that stood out the most during your visit.

I do hope we can welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental London Westminster for four nights. The hotel is beautiful - rooms are new and thoughtfully designed - and the bathrooms are a real delight, very big by London standards, with a large bath and separate rain shower.

As an Ambassador member, I was given an upgrade to a King Executive, which is a bit larger than the standard Classic room. My room overlooked an interior courtyard and while the view was nothing special, my room was very quiet. I was initially given a room overlooking the street but found this a little noisy and my request to move to a quieter part of the hotel was quickly accommodated by the helpful reception staff. The quietness of the hotel deserves special mention because this is often not the case when a hotel is built within an existing heritage building.

Location-wise, the hotel is right across the street from the St James’s Park tube station and a short five minute walk from Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. New Scotland Yard with its famous revolving sign is also just a few steps away.

I liked the intimacy of the hotel and the design/theming is a nice touch, with a nod to both the history of the building and its location in the heart of Westminster. The fresh floral displays in the hotel lounge are really gorgeous.

I’ve tried quite a few hotels in London and this was by far my favourite. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

A brand new hotel in place of what used to be the old the UK secret service MI5 building. The hotel builds on its location and focuses on highlighting them through the interior decorations, which is genius (I have attached photos to see some examples). The carpets in the rooms have fingerprints on them paying tribute to the MI5.

The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. All furnished to a high class level, large flat screen TVs and big bathrooms with both separate shower and bathtub. All amenities are provided in the room even your own iron and ironing-board and a Nespresso machine. I only had breakfast at the hotel and must say it was delicious and the service is impeccable.

The hotel is located in the heart of Westminster so there are many beautiful sceneries and historical monuments all around and within walking distance, not to mention restaurants and pubs.

If I had to fault it, I would say that the view from the room I was staying in was not great. I was overlooking a small side street.

Other than that I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business