Conrad London St. James
US$255
US$204
  • Pool
3,538 results
All reviewsblue boarwestminster abbeythe executive loungejames park tube stationbig bendirectly across the streetrain showernespresso machineafternoon teaturn down serviceluxury hotelwonderful hotellarge bathroomconcierge stafflondon eyeexcellent locationsuperior room
Reviewed 29 April 2013

So 10 years of marriage was upon us and i decided to whisk my wife off to London for the night ,We went onto Lastminute.com and book one of their secret hotels and after paying Was told it was InterContinental Westmister .

So when we arrived we were greeted by a smiling doorman and and beautiful reception full of light and looked amazing ,We were upgraded to a King room which was just brilliant with its TV in the mirror and big bathroom and the room was spotless clean.

This truly is a 5 Star Hotel and we were treated as such but my wife was abit uneasy as we are a low income family due to me having a long term illness but the young gentleman at the desk put her at ease making us feel like we where royalty .

The hotel is in a perfect spot and lots of places to eat and drink and close to the underground and the main attractions .

Sum it up ,JUST A STUNNING HOTEL WITH TOP TOP STAFF

Time of stay April 26th 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrAnnell
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear MrAnnell

Thank you for the fantastic review of your most recent stay in Westminster, I am pleased to read that you felt treated like 'royalty' and our team looked after you so well, it is always nice to see that our guests have enjoyed their special occasions while staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel once again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I made a one night visit this hotel and can report that it is a high quality hotel in an excellent location for business and leisure travellers alike. It ticked all the boxes in terms of rooms, appearance, cleanliness, professional staff. I didnt have a chance to use the restaurant and other facilities but I will be doing so on my next visit to this hotel, which I look forward to.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear MickHampshire

Many thanks for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that a number of elements including our team stood out during your visit.

I do hope it won't be too long before you have the opportunity to visit us once again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked 2 classic rooms 2 days before our arrival on Saturday 27th April through secret escapes and got a great deal. I called ahead before our arrival to let the hotel know we would be arriving around 10am and that it was my wedding anniversary. We we were grateful that our rooms were ready when we arrived and the lady on reception was very polite and helpful and informed us that me and my friends room had been upgraded to a king classic. We were not dissapointed.....the room was lovely and everything was to high spec standard. Large bathroom separate toilet and shower. In the bedroom was a large extremely comfortable bed. The room had everything you could need or ask for. Great coffee machine and fridge full of goodies (for an extra charge). Nice to have fresh milk and not uht like you get in most hotels though it still didn't smell too fresh though. The hotel is in a fab location next to Scotland Yard and opposite he tube station and 5 mins walk to westminster abbey. We ate in the hotel restaurant on saturday evening, i didnt think it was great but just ok. The next time I'm in London I will be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear amazinggrace55

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in London, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the comforts of your room whilst relaxing on your anniversary.

It is fantastic that you have said you will stay with us on your next trip to London and I look forward to welcoming you when this occasion arises.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I arrived at around 8:40pm and after a slightly slow check-in (the receptionist did not have a good command of English), I found my room (on the top floor), which represented an upgrade from what I had reserved. The room was not enormous but was well designed and had a large bathroom. The highlight of the hotel, however, was the Club Lounge, which I entered just before 9pm. There was still a good selection of cold canapes on display and the staff offered me some "hot canapes", which turned out to be a fish pie and some vegetables - a small meal in itself. Although they officially stop serving food at 9pm, the staff asked whether I had eaten enough before they started to put the food away, which showed a certain commitment to customer service, which I have not always observed in other hotels. I also had an excellent breakfast the next morning in the lounge. The hotel is located opposite the entrance to St James' Park station, which is good unless there is engineering work as there was when I checked out. A most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hampshire-resident

Many thanks for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular Club InterContinental.

As you point out, our location adjacent to St James Park tube is ideal for commuting around London however with Mayfair a 10 minute walk away a stroll through the stunning Royal Parks are much more scenic.

I do hope we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Great setting by St James Park (in fact opposite the tube) and New Scotland Yard. Had booked on a free night voucher so only got a basic room but this was well equipped and comfortable, if a bit small.
Was kept waiting for my room. Arrived at 2.40pm and was told rather bluntly that check in was 3pm. I went back at 3.15 and it still wasn't ready , I was offered a complimentary drink but having sat and watched a dozen or more people checking in whilst waiting I couldn't help but feel this was because I was on an unpaid night (not withstanding the fact I stay at IHG hotel dozens of time a year).
As others have said this hotel has nowhere near the 5* feel of the Park Lane IC or the Waldorf but would recommend if a good rate was available , on location alone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sean09

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in Westminster and my sincere apologies if you weren't able to check in on arrival as your room was not ready, please be assured this had nothing to do with the fact that you were on a complimentary basis, all our guests are equally important no matter what the reason for their stay. I am sure the other guests checking in were in different room types to yourself however I understand how frustrating this must be.

I do hope we can welcome you to Westminster again in the future.