“Excellent”

Ranked #51 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The location is great, the rooms are well appointed, and the staff could not be friendlier or more helpful, outstanding customer service, in-house restaurant also of excellent quality. Would appreciate the ability to use the (supplied) hairdryer in the bathroom instead of outside in the room, the lack of power point in the bathroom was a serious issue and unfortunately one that cannot be easily rectified.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Sinfathisar

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay in Westminster and I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that our team in particular stood out.

I do hope you will visit us once again when you are next in London.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Superb location in the heart of London. One stop from Victoria, walking distance to all the sites of London; 20 minutes to Waterloo on foot, 5 minutes to the Thames/Houses of Parliament/Palace of Westminster; 2 minutes to St James Park and 30 seconds to the tube. Having been visiting London for work and pleasure over several years, this truly is a top location!!!!

Service was impeccable from check in to the club lounge and the room itself was bright, airy, comfortable, spotless and containing every little item you might need. The club lounge too was bright, fresh, clean and a perfect little rest bite for breakfast, afternoon tea and after dinner drinks (I would highly recommend the waffles or the poached eggs on toast with bacon).

I would say a perfect hotel in a perfect location and from now on, as far as I am concerned, this will be the hotel of choice for me when staying in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Max_scot1976

Thank you for the excellent review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster.

I am pleased you had such an enjoyable time with us and that you took advantage of the Club InterContinental lounge, please be assured I will share your feedback with the team.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us once again in the future.

San Francisco
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is a new modern hotel with great rooms in a very convenient location. I loved the decor, the master light switch by the bed, the shower, the Ambassador welcome package. The concierge was helpful as were most of the front desk staff. Just a few things kept this from being a five star for us.

I'm an Ambassador so I always stay at Intercontinental hotels, and I get a late checkout. We got the keys extended at the front desk. The day we were to check out I got a call from the front desk noting that our room keys wouldn't work after noon. The maid also came in in contravention of our do not disturb sign. There were a couple of instances like that where the left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing. That lack kept this from being in the same league as for instance the Intercontinental Times Square or the Interncontinental Marceau.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sfrando
Dear Sfrando

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

May I apologise you experienced a few issues during your stay however we will use your feedback to ensure these do not happen again so that on your next stay you will notice the improvements.

I do hope on your next visit to London you will stay with us once again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Recently spent 2 nights here and was very impressed with the hotel and its staff.

Fantastic pre trip assistance from the Concierge in arranging dinner reservations for us and a car for the airport (and subsequent dealings after we mixed up the date of our flight).

Friendly check in and escorted to room to be shown its features.

Top quality rooms - beautifully furnished, large bathroom (albeit with the heavy door) with Molten Brown toiletries (so good I visited their store and bought up!), great beds, local items in the minibar. Free wifi was appreciated.

Have to agree with an earlier review which commented on the shower flooding the bathroom floor easily.

Club lounge was excellent - some hot dishes available on request as well as usual breakfast buffet. Menu seemed to indicate that you could also order (at a cost) restaurant items there during the day. Excellent help with some directions etc

Loved the location of the hotel - easy 5 mins to Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament and close enough to Buckingham Palace too.

Ambassador gift was a box of yummy lemon boiled sweets and a big bowl of fruit along with water.

Stay was on the Ambassador Weekend Certificate and booked a twin club room. We had been upgraded to a suite but needed the twin beds. Unfortunately this hotel offers no upgrade option for twin beds above a club room and if a simple twin room had been booked, we could have been upgraded to a twin club without club lounge access (which was the feature I wanted). The lovely check in person (who's name I have forgotten) did organise us a nice bottle of wine by way of an apology.

Unfortunately my post stay has not been so positive. Checked in on a Friday evening and out on a Sunday afternoon and paid in full. Despite this, the hotel still put a full hold on my card - which was not processed until after I had checked out! A hold that is going to take 2 weeks to be released. This is also the first IC hotel that i have stayed in that has taken a hold for an Ambassador member.

Must mention the Blue Boar restaurant - fantastic food and service - ribs were awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SydKiwi

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in Westminster and I am pleased to see that you had an 'outstanding' time with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed so many different parts of your stay in particular the team and Blue Boar Smokehouse, I am delighted you enjoyed the ribs, they have had a lot of attention since opening in November 2012.

I am sorry you encountered issues with the pre authorisation on your card, it is our policy to take this for all guests and is reliant on the speed of your bank how quickly this is released after your departure.

If I can be of any further assistance to resolve this please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Manchester,UK
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our first visit to the hotel and being fans of the Intercontinental brand were not disappointed.The warm welcome and efficient reception ensured we were in our room(Bags already there)with the least delay.Luxurious rooms with very large and well equipped bathrooms.
Everything is pristine and although this is a new hotel I have no doubt the high standards will remain.Breakfast in the Club Lounge is excellent with a good choice to satisfy all palates.
I can highly recommend the in house restaurant-The Blue Boar Smoke House.Fabulous when you don't have to go out for dinner.Try the afternoon tea,a little decadent,but who cares and if Felix looks after you his enthusiasm will enthrall you.
The hotel is well placed for sightseeing with Buckingham Palace,Westminster Abbey,Houses of Parliament,Whitehall etc within easy walking distance.
Already looking forward to our return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear AlanwManchester_UK

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay in Westminster and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your meal in Blue Boar Smokehouse and that Felix looked after you so well during afternoon tea.

I do hope it won't be too long before you have the opportunity to visit us once again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was there with my Girlfriend and I will not forget this experience soon.The room is big and modern.In 2 minutes you cand be near the Big Bang.The restaurant staff provide the best service that London can give.Receptionists are very helpfull and they have a nice attitude.
Definetly I will recomand this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike P

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that in particular our restaurant team stood out for the service you received.

I do hope it won't be too long before you visit us once again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This hotel should definitely take one of the top spots on your list if you are visiting London and want to be spoilt in every way. Top class service by top class employees in 1st class surroundings. The staff at this hotel are some of the friendliest most helpful people I have encountered the hotel is new and pristine with luxurious rooms very bright and spacious bathrooms convenient to all the tourist spots in London walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey 1 minute walk to the underground. Truly a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms are good location