My husband and I were celebrating our May birthdays in Europe (London-Barcelona-Lisbon-London) and our 4-night stay at the InterContinental Westminster was the perfect way to start us off on our 2-week celebration.
Here are the highlights that make this hotel deserving of its 5-star status and why there is no question we will be back...
* quiet and spacious room (we were upgraded to an executive superior room from a superior)
* heavenly bed, pillows and linens (if London wasn't a-callin', we would've just stayed in to veg the entire time!)
* huge bathroom with a walk-in shower that had a hand or rain shower option, separate tub, marble vanity with lots of surface area for make-up, etc.
* lux Molton Brown toiletries
* Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules, fresh milk in fridge
* complimentary still/sparkling water in mini-bar
* turndown service (so nice to come back to the room after a full day of sightseeing and shopping)
* St. James' Park tube station right across the hotel (tip: get an Oyster card, the tube is very convenient and easy to navigate)
* Starbucks across the street, 5-minute walk to Westminster Abbey, 7-minute walk to Parliament, 13-minute walk to the London Eye
* birthday treats in our room upon arrival (home-made marshmallows, chocolate, etc.)
* bottle of red wine set up in our room after turndown service which was such a nice gesture
* wonderful hotel interior scent, it was just so calming to walk into the hotel and breathe in the smell of fresh flowers all the time
* professional yet friendly, not pretentious nor stuffy
* special mention to the doormen who always had a smile on their faces and consistently greeted guests
* Blue Boar deserves its own review so I'll keep this short. Hotel restaurants are sometimes a write-off, its existence and purpose almost always dependent on and/or dictated by the hotel. Blue Boar, however, can and does stand on its own merits. Get the seabass, you won't regret it!
The InterContinental Westminster absolutely lives up to its 5-star rating and high standards, we cannot wait to go back to London and stay there once again!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad London St. James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.