Conrad London St. James
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
3,538 results
All reviewsblue boarwestminster abbeythe executive loungejames park tube stationbig bendirectly across the streetrain showernespresso machineafternoon teaturn down serviceluxury hotelwonderful hotellarge bathroomconcierge stafflondon eyeexcellent locationsuperior room
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here for our wedding for three nights. The staff were very friendly and gave my wife extra attention, knowing it was our wedding. The hotel is brand new so everything is in excellent condition. My Best Man and his wife also stayed here and had similarly good thoughts.

Would definitely recommend to people looking for a top hotel in London.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night in a wonderful heat wave. The cooling interior was very welcoming as you entered. Check in was efficient and friendly (often you can feel "just another guest" - but not so here). We were shown to the lifts - we declined being shown to the room although it was offered. We had been upgraded to a small suite which was wonderful , especially as we were staying on a "reward" night so we were not paying.
The room was quite large for London, very contemporary, beautiful linen/cushions, bed very comfortable, electronic drapes, well stocked hospitality tray with fresh milk not the horrible little cartons you often get and an nespresso machine, There were satin padded,hangers to use, a must in my opinion, umbrella, robes, slippers etc. All good.
The bathroom was huge, shower amazing (rain shower or standard) and there were good quality Molton Brown products available.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a harpist accompanying the guests taking afternoon tea - lovely. We didn't eat at the hotel, having other arrangements so am unable to comment on that.
Our room was quiet, facing the street on the first floor. However it was the weekend and so very little traffic generally in this area. It may be there will be some road noise if you stay mid week. Also, you could hear the slight rumble of the tube trains - you are very close to St James Park underground. It did not disturb my sleep but I was aware of it once I was awake although when the radio is on you don't really notice it. It may not be heard on higher levels.
Would I stay again - YES. It is also very convenient for most of London and easy walking distance to Parliament, Piccadilly, Mayfair and West End.

Room Tip: Try a room on a higher level as they less likely to hear tube rumble
Reviewed 16 July 2013

service was off the charts, rooms were very new with all the latest technology, amenities.
Excellent beds, such a great hotel will definitely go back. One thing about ICHotels I don't like
over startwood is their perks to their guests. No suite upgrades for a platinum ambassador is a joke, Love this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My girl friend from Fort Myers Florida was staying at the hotel and invited me to join her for the weekend great! Arrived at the hotel about 12:30 and requested they ring the room to let my friend know I was there, First I was told that there was no one in that room with the name I gave them, then they told me there was no answer and that they couldn't let me into the room for security reasons. That is all fair enough, but it turns out that my friend was in the room all the time, the phone never rang, there was no message left on the answering machine and it was only the person on the front desk who had 'assumed' that my friend was still out which lead me to sit in the hotel reception until my friend had the foresight to come and look for me an hour and a half later! Sadly this then had a big impact on the rest of our stay. They say you never get a second chance to give a first impression, how right they are! The concierge with 30 years experience could also do with a customer service refresher course.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cruisiesusie05
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Review weekend of July 12-14 2013
We arrived at the hotel a full 3 hours before check in time and were immediately checked in and upgraded to a suite as they were aware it was our wedding anniversary.
First opinion of the hotel is very new, clean and modern with the staff can’t do enough to help you.
The reception check in was very very efficient and friendly, we were shown to our room and asked if we would like a description and explanation of the various things within the room.

Our upgraded room was a Suite with a living room and bathroom then upstairs we had the bathroom and a large bedroom. 2 plasma TV’s, a working desk, settees etc.
The suite was really big size for London. A nice touch was the Nespresso machine in the room with capsules which were topped up daily. There was also a small bottle of milk in the fridge which was better than the horrendous milk capsules. Bottled water also supplied. We arrived in the middle of a heat wave and the air conditioning was excellent. All the blinds were electronic
The bathroom had a large bath and walk in rain shower which was fantastic once you got the idea of how the controls worked. There was also a Bose speaker in the bathroom. The quality touches of this hotel are second to none, from the appearance of a bowl of Belgian chocolates in our suite with "Happy Anniversary" inscribed in chocolate to the Harp player in the lobby bar at tea time.
Quite an expensive hotel but if you like a touch of luxury then this is the place to stay. The hotel is right outside the St. James Park tube station (Take the "Park" exit out of the tube and the hotel is right in front of you) which made it easy to go anywhere however the hotel is in such a place you can walk anywhere really easily and quickly. Its 1 minute walk to the Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament (Big Ben) and a five minute walk over the bridge to the London Eye.
We have travelled all over Europe and USA and this is one of the best located and best quality hotels we have ever stayed in. If you can afford that little extra then this is the place to stay provide you can get it at the right price as the prices fluctuate between reasonable for this type of hotel to ridiculous money.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Room Tip: If it is a special occassion book direct off the website of the hotel and ensure they are made aware on the booking as it could lead to an upgrade