“Excellent new addition to the London hotel scene”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #51 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I booked the InterContinental Westminster for a wedding anniversary weekend in London. We have stayed in a number of InterContinental Hotels all around the world but this is way up there amongst the best. Everything was first class - the rooms although modest in size are well-designed, very well appointed and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are wonderful with a great shower and separate tub - again appointed with high quality fittings. Overall the hotel has the appearance of being very well maintained (my wife loved the flowers!) and it is in a great location. What real made our stay so special were the staff - everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. In particular Craig at the front desk ensured that our stay was truly wonderful. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indo555
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear ndo555

Thank you for the fantastic review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and thank you for regarding us as one of the best InterContinental hotels you have visited. It is pleasing to see that your stay was made special by our team who looked after you and please be assured we will recognise Craig for his excellent service.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,296)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I finally made our long awaited trip to London and stayed at the Intercontinental Westminster. We had stayed at other Intercontinental hotels in the US, so we expected good accommodations and service. What we got exceeded all our expectations. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel like we were the only ones in the hotel. The service was great and the accommodations were modern and very comfortable. The food at the Blue Boar restaurant was delicious. (you must try the ribs cooked in their own smokehouse!)
The location is perfect if you are exploring the sites of London and the concierge will give you great tips on when and where to go to make the most of your stay. We are already planning our next trip to the fantastic Westminster.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Manuel C

Dear Manuel C

Thank you for the excellent review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased that our team made your time with us all the more special. I am also delighted you enjoyed the Blue Boar Smokehouse in particular our signature Blue Boar Ribs, taking 14 hours to produce they are one of our most popular dishes.

I do hope on your next trip to London we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

First the good: Ideal location within easy walking to Westminster, Parliament, theaters, Buckingham Palace, and St James Park. Also, the property itself is quite nice. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Bathrooms are exceptional.

Now the bad: The service was mediocre at best. The employees are not very helpful and quite snooty. Every request was treated as if it were an imposition on them. It felt like I was bothering them if I asked for anything. They will not allow you to drink a coffee in their lobby, for example. I was asked to either go to my room or go outside. Really? I cannot drink my own coffee in the lobby of the hotel I am staying at?

If they get new staff, this could be a great hotel. As is, it is just a nice property with poor management.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blueman2

Dear blueman2

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased you enjoyed the location of the hotel, ideally located for the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and some of the stunning Royal Parks.

It is with regret that you did not find our team welcoming, this is most unusual as we normally receive excellent comments regarding our service. I do apologise if you felt it was not acceptable our team asked you not to consume drinks from outside the hotel in our Concierge Lounge, we are more than happy to serve you beverages from one of our lounges in any area of the hotel and would not restrict this in any way.

I do hope that on your next trip to London you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you once again and show you this was not a typical experience of our hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental Westminster. We were spending a few days in London before a week in Paris. The location of the hotel is very convenient to everything you want to see in the city. The staff were exceptional. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the Hotel sent us up some fruit and a bottle of champagne (thanks Hollie!!).
The concierge, Max, really helped us plan our stay. We were able to see a great deal in a short period of time with his recommendations. Our room was very well appointed and in perfect order.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear werhad

Thank you for the excellent review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular our team stood out during your stay, please be assured we will ensure both Hollie and Max receive recognition for your comments.

I do hope on your next trip to London you will visit us once again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. What a beautiful hotel. Pricey but totally worth it. Everything beautifully done. Comfy beds. Lovely bathroom. Fantastic location close to all major sights. Bar is great. Staff extremely attentive. Attention to detail was really appreciated. Fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear 1981kiwis

Thank you for the excellent review of your most recent stay in Westminster and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team extended the highest levels of service and attention to detail to you.

I do hope on your next visit to London we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned from eight nights with our family of four. We had two rooms with access to the Club level food amenities. Considering the high price, small room size and aging properties of many luxury hotels in London, this is a terrific choice. Quiet, modern luxury, attentive staff & ideally located to explore London. Looking forward to future stays here.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Susan H

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and our staff were attentive to your needs during your visit.

I see that you are looking forward to future stays and I do hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Superior in every way from pre-booking initial contact and communication with hotel staff through courteous and attentive service during the stay. Locatin, location, location! Excellent value. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike I

Dear Mike I

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and the team here stood out during your visit.

I do hope on your next stay in London we can welcome you once again.