“Love this hotel”

Ranked #52 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Chester, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel, nothing is too much trouble, rooms immaculate, location fantastic (15 mins walk to Buckingham Palace, Regents Street, great restaurants (Bank) and pubs. Deals to be had at weekends...

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brignais, France
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My daughter and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel, and we were both thrilled with the experience. I love the gorgeous room, comfy bed with wonderful, soft linens, fluffy pillows, and thick duvet. I also loved the free still and sparkling bottled water and tea and coffee fixings. And the rain shower... I didn't want to get out of that thing!!! And the little touches like magazines and different types of plugs for international travelers were wonderful. But the thing that really blew us away was that when we left for lunch, we returned to find a stuffed lion on the bed with a hand written note as a gift for my 7 year old daughter. The receptionist, Marilia, had spoken with my daughter on check in, and then wrote her a lovely note and left this surprise for her. I can't tell you how happy this made my daughter AND how touched I was. And every time we left the room it was like someone rushed in and replaced all the things we had used, so we were never missing a thing! And they even let us check in at 10am, which never happens! The location is superb, and the tube station being next door makes getting around the city extremely easy. Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and the London Eye are all just steps away. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
wales
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Liked this hotel. Reception staff very friendly, I arrived the day after my husband had checked in but the process was smooth (I've done this before at other hotels and sometimes they claim to have no knowledge of my arrival even though my husband had informed them).

The executive room was fine, if a bit small. The bathroom was gorgeous, good size with a powerful rain shower and separate bath. Soft fluffy towels and a good amount of toiletries. The huge bed has to be the most comfortable I've ever experienced! Powerful hair dryer but the only mirror near a point was the 'bar' so I dried my hair looking at glasses. Not a disaster but it would have been better to have a clear mirror.

The club lounge was impressive. We just had drinks and canapés but you can have a more substantial meal. Lovely staff in there, topping up our drinks.

The gym. Well, at best it's a fitness room but it's fine for a quick work out. The fridge with bottles of water is a great idea. So much better than a water cooler with paper cups.

Breakfast in the club lounge was fine. Not a huge selection of cereals but adequate. Rolls and pastries are available along with a hot breakfast.

There are no problems with taxis. The concierge is ever present and each time we needed one, a black cab materialised within seconds.

I would definitely stay here again, location is good and all the staff we met were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
raleigh
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is directly across the street from the St. James tube stop, and it's within walking distance of many sites. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet! The staff could not be nicer! Bathrooms were very spacious and clean.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank lauraandemcc
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel is fairly new. We had an executive room which was a little small but nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. Only negative, which I was to discover is true in all European hotels we stayed in, the bathroom doesn't have an outlet for hair appliances so I had to stand at the bar in the bedroom to flat iron my hair (a blow dryer was provided but also could not be used in the bathroom). Just about everything I wished to see was within walking distance. I did purchase a ticket on the Big Bus (one of their stops was just around the corner) . Breakfast buffet at the Blue Boar was included. We had dinner there one evening; the staff was great and the meal very good. Another reviewer mentioned the smoke alarm going off. There was a fire drill the first day we were there, then a couple of days later the smoke alarms did go off mid-morning and we had to evacuate our room. Overall, it was a very pleasant place to stay and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great new hotel, rooms are small but very nice. Great bathrooms, and very nice beds. On a trip with my family, some of which had never been to London. Everything is within a few blocks of the hotel, if its not the tube is across the street. Service was great, everyone was very helpful.

Room Tip: get an upper floor in the front if you like a lot of light
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zo_in_SD
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the intercontinental Westminster for two weeks. The room was very clean and tastefully (if blandly) decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious but there were little issues such as not having a powerpoint in the bathroom for my hairdryer. Also, the shower leaked. The breakfasts were pretty ordinary but I don't really like hotel food!!
I think the biggest issue was the fire alarm going off at 1am one morning. We were woken up and evacuated the building. It was pretty scary initially to be woken by a loud alarm and then it was annoying when it turned out to be a fault. The alarm also went off briefly one of the other days I was there, so it clearly needs urgent attention. I know that these things happen but I expected that the hotel would maybe offer a free drink at the bar or some other small token the next day as an apology.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple