“Nice hotel”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #51 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here on a weekend break to the City. Very nice hotel. Only disappointment was that because I booked using loyalty points, there were no doubles left, just twins! Thankfully the receptionist managed to sort out an accessibility room that had a double so all was good.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,294)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My sister and I stayed for one night in September 2013 for a belated birthday trip for her. I couldn't have picked a better hotel, as we were visiting Buckingham Palace, which is a 15 minute walk away.

We arrived a lot earlier than check-in time, but our room was ready (if it had not have been, the consierge would have looked after our bags). Check-in was good and friendly and we mentioned it had been my sisters birthday recently. When we got back from our day out there was fruit, birthday cake and champagne in the room, which was really nice of the hotel.

The porters and consierge staff were great if you had a question or needed help ie charging my sisters iPhone for her while we went out for tea.

Our twin bedded executive room was lovely with gorgeous bedding and fluffy towels, loads of wardrobe space, massive bathroom with a bath and a walk-in shower.

Breakfast was amazing with lots of choices of everything - we took ages choosing as there was so much choice.

The porters looked after our bags after we checked out, which was great and saved us lugging cases etc on the London Eye (15 minutes walk)

All in all, we had a terrific one night stay. I liked it so much that I have booked again for Jaunuary 2014 with my husband.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Blue1966-17
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is hands down perfection. Amazing rooms, amazing staff, very comfortable, extremely clean and well kept. I don't have a single complaint. Afternoon tea is adorable and delicious. In walking distance from Big Ben, the London Eye and Buckingham Palace and also right across the street from the Underground. Great décor, always smells beautiful, fresh flowers everyday. They are doing an amazing job!! Keep it up. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and I stayed for his birthday. Was a really lovely hotel. The rooms were exceptional, very comfortable and utterly spotless with a well stocked mini bar and the nespresso machine being a nice touch.

The hotel had original and unusual art works in rooms and in public areas and this really adds something special.

The staff were professional and friendly, especially the lovely doorman (he was scottish I think) who was warm and welcoming and had a great sense of humour.

Would be a pleasure to stay again

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed one weekend using a free night voucher one gets being an Ambassadeur member. In other IC i have received room upgrades even when using the voucher - one does pay for 2 nights to get the 3rd night free. But not at this IC. That was a negative surprise.
Room i got was nice but with a view of 2 other windows in the hotel. But no problem - I had no plans to sit by the window all weekend.
Comfortable bed, good desk to work at, decent Wifi speed. Bathroom really large, which was good. The shower really good and I would have enjoyed to spend more time there but there is a problem with long showers as the water flows out under the cabin door and soaks the bathroom floor. I had to fix that with putting towels outside the door.
Had breakfast in both the restaurant and the lounge bar. Good service!
A really nice hotel where staff really do the extra for you. One morning at breakfast a lady was using the menu to fan herself - obviously having a heat attack- it took one minute and a staff member came with a spanish abanico fan....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have recently reached Gold Standard at Park Plaza hotels but became frustrated at the price and standard of my regular Victoria hotel. And so, the Intercontinental St James came as a breath of fresh air. The location is perfect and central. The staff are attentive and helpful. And the rooms are clean, modern, well-furnished, well-stocked, with a shower to die for, and QUIET! This is a dream for a regular business traveller. If I had to criticise it would be for the cost of the mini-bar goods. This will be my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Internal facing rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Got a great overnight deal at this hotel at an exceptional price with breakfast included and what an excellent breakfast it was too. We received a great welcome from very efficient staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The executive room was superb, with a wonderfully comfortable bed which we did not want to get out of in the morning. The bathroom was also very spacious with a super separate shower room. The location is just great for sightseeing in the Westminster area all within easy walking distance. On checking out we were asked if we would like to leave our luggage in their secure room for the rest of the day...amazing...we were going to ask if we could! We would certainly recommend this hotel and would definitely choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends