This is a new property tucked neatly away on a small street (Broadway, in Westminster) directly across from the St. James tube station. While everyone has different needs from a hotel, I can say this is the best European hotel I have found. It's expensive, but unlike so many properties where all the money goes to opulent lobbies and crummy rooms, this one is the opposite - the investment is in the hotel room itself, and the rooms are wonderful.
Here are my priorities for a business hotel, and this hotel gets an "A+" on each and every one of these:
1) Quiet room not facing a busy street - fully 1/2 the rooms are inner-courtyard facing and it gets no better than this - perfectly quiet. Even the rooms facing the street are not bad because the streets are pretty quiet in this part of town.
2) true in-room temperature control - this is the best I have found anywhere worldwide. I like to be cold at night and it was November in London, so I wanted to run the fan but have no heat. Many units will not allow that, but this one did. The unit is in-room and can be switched to hot or cold with no restriction of temperature. Fan speed is also user controlled. I had the best sleep of a city hotel - ever. Window to courtyard also opens. I could tell this would be as nice in summer as it was in winter.
3) large bathroom with counter space - again, perfect in every way! Lots and lots of space. I divine shower with marvelous hot water and rain shower jets. Perfect.
4) comfortable bed - my bed had an amazing mattress - firm but not hard like a board, and the most lovely fluffy comforter and clean crisp sheets.
5) work area - great in-room internet and huge desk with BUILT IN US plugs for direct connect of a US computer plug and multiple plug adapters are also available.
In short - truly a spectacular property. I will never stay anywhere else in London. An easy subway trip to any spot in town and super convenient access to Waterloo station. Local area is lovely for walking and St. James park is beautiful. I simply cannot gush enough about this hotel. I spend 50-80 nights per year in hotels and I have had so many horrible nights in hot, noisy city hotel rooms. This one is just simply the best I have found. Thank you IHG for investing in this amazing property.
Last thing ... the concierge lounge - if you are on club level - is also nice. Daily breakfast includes hot items from the menu (eggs, pancakes, French toast) as well as a great assortment of fruits and breads. Afternoon tea features heavenly clotted cream and scones plus pastries and afternoon hors d'oevres selection offers salads, cheeses and some type of hot appetizer/canapé. Truly, a great bonus.
Try this amazing property. Staff is lovely and hotel is superb - especially if your priorities are aligned to mine listed above.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Conrad London St. James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.