“Brilliant”

Ranked #46 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

this hotel is everything you could ask for. We stayed here for my birthday and from the moment the doorman called chris (lovely guy and very attentive) we were upgraded due to the hotel being full which we really didnt mind. We stayed in a club suite and the room was lovely. the TV was huge and there was alot of space compared to other suites ive stayed in whilst at hotels in london.
the hotel was immaculate and im not sure how but it was incredibly quiet on all the floors with accommodation which im sure will be important for people staying on business. Everywhere we went spelt knew, strange comment I know but clearly the staff her pay alot of attention to detail and it really shows.
the walk in rain shower was lovely and the bath more than large enough for my 6'2 frame.

All in all this is one of the better hotels ive had the chance to stay in and I would strongly recommend it to anyone whether on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: club suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisito58
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental London Westminster to celebrate such a special occasion. We very much enjoyed reading your list of highlights of what makes a stay at InterContinental London Westminster so very special. Thank you for recognising Chris, he is truly a star. I'll make sure to share your feedback to him, his manager and the rest of the team. We hope that you will come to stay with us again in the not so distant future.

Executive Assistant to GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

InterContinental London Westminster is one that I recommend to many and is truly a property that I enjoy but sadly I think it's time to move on. While I have always had an issue with noise from the Tube (sound and vibrations traveling through the building preventing me from sleeping properly) this recent stay just wasn't comfortable at all and for that reason when other small things went 'awry' they seemed to amplify to the point where I began asking myself why I was putting up with it? It took 3 full days for the hotel to fix a major issue in my room - each time with different excuses and often a lack of communication among staff - and twice my room still hadn't been cleaned at 4pm when I returned, despite the 'Please clean me!' sign being posted on my door since 7:30am. I tried to change hotels but with London Fashion Week and Wimbledon in full-swing all other luxury properties were full. I tried changing rooms but (per the previous comment) there weren't many options either. It might just have been a case of bad timing. I love the ultra-modern feel of this property and the proximity to St James Park. I don't care for snarky service at the Blue Boar Bar but love the food. The beds are some of the most comfortable in the world and the bathrooms are a pure delight - spacious and generous offerings of Molton Brown. Staff are mostly very warm and understanding and I will miss them...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank LuxeTravelerHK
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for once again staying at the InterContinental London Westminster and for taking the time to document your feedback about your most recent stay. Whilst we are very grateful that recommend us to many, we can't help but get disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations and our own normally exemplary standards. Please accept our sincerest apology. Rather than address each point individually I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly by emailing icwestminster.info@ihg.com, so that I may respond to you personally. We apologise that your stay with us was marred by these experiences and we very much look forward to resolving them at the earliest opportunity. We hope that you will give us a chance to restore your trust in us.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Staying in classic double room. Nice room with all the stuff you expect from a five star hotel. But a lot of brown hair under the shower door while we are both fair? And a sticky leather backside of the bed?
Nothing wrong with luxury And friendly staff but cleaness should come first.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Henk58
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental London Westminster on your recent trip to London. I do apologise if the cleanliness of the room has not met your expectations on this occasion and this is not indicative of our usual standard. We have received some very positive reviews and is not typical of our usual feedback. Nonetheless, I hope that this has not tainted your view of the hotel. We hope to welcome you once again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you're in London and want to do all the sightseeing stuff, this is a very nice hotel to stay at. The hotel is on a busy intersection and in the heart of the business area. St. James Park Station is across the street and New Scotland Yard station is next door. There is a lot to do in the area and most of it is within walking distance. Short walk to Buckingham Palace, Parliament, Westminster Abbey and everything else London has for you to offer.

Hotel itself: From the exterior you can definitely tell this was an older rehabbed and repurposed building. The hotel is probably 3 to 5 years old. The The public areas were clean and spotless. The decor is modern and very inviting. The scent delivery system made it feel fresh everytimei. There is no parking, only valet - which wasn't a problem for us because we didn't have a car. The area is dead at night because it is mostly a business area.

Pool & Exercise Facility: I don't believe they have a pool. I didn't see a pool and I didn't bother to ask. I knew I wasn't going to use it. The exercise facility was nice - different variety of equipment. They also have complimentary water, towels and lockers. It is located in the basement which was odd. They also have a pre-determined running routes available at the front desk. If you like running outside check it out.

Rooms: We got upgraded to a "spacious" king room. The room wasn't small nor was it big. Having 2 suitcases and 2 roller boards made things slightly cramp. There wasn't really a view of anything except for a service alley outside of our window. The room was spotless and clean. The bathroom area was very clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable. The sheets on the bed were crisp, clean and wrinkle free. The bed was free of any stains, hairs or signs of previous guest. A fridge would have also been nice. We had an issue with the shower door, it leaked so bad when you showered that water almost out into the entry area of the room. Another great part of the room was having a few 110V outlets available. It made it convenient when having to charge or use electronics.

Free Internet: Being a Platinum Priority Club member I got free WiFi and hard wire internet service. Both were pretty good, being the size of the hotel and the number of guests checked in. I constantly got decent WiFi speeds to FaceTime and use FaceTime Audio. This worked out great because using your cell phone in London would result in huge roaming bills.

Staff: The staff was great. From check-in to check-out they were always polite and helpful. My only gripe is that there is no recognition for elite Platinum Priority Club members. This was very strange, because staying at Hilton Family of Hotels or Starwood Properties, they have really good recognition. Only negative experience was we wanted some pizza around 1AM. Not a single person on the night staff knew of a place to eat. The bellman suggested a place and we ordered it, ended up being cold and nasty.

The bottom line, a good hotel that has been recently refurbished. Great staff and rates that aren't ridiculous. If I'm ever back in the Toronto downtown area, I would stay here again. Try to book in advance to get lower rates and specials.

Room Tip: Try to get a large room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samswildworld
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to GM at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read very your very detailed and lovely feedback. We are always pleased to hear when our guests are satisfied during their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to document your kind comments and for staying at the InterContinental London Westminster. Whilst I am pleased to read the highlights of your review, I am also very concerned that you felt you were not recognised as a Platinum priority card member. It is not typical of our usual feedback, nonetheless we sincerely apology if this is the feeling you take away with you. We hope to have the opportunity to look after you again!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a Classic Double room, which was really spacious for a Double room in a London hotel. The King Size bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was just a little smaller than the bedroom so they had fitted in a bath AND a separate shower!

The location was brilliant for us, a stones throw from St James Park and a gentle 20 minutes walk to Piccadilly Circus through St James Park.

Finally the staff were great, friendly and attentive when they needed to be. Thank you Intercontinental for a lovely night's stay we will certainly come again and will recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike,

This is a great feedback and much appreciated. I am particularly pleased that you loved your room, the convenience of the hotel's location and the courtesy and efficiency of the team. Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to have you stay again at the InterContinental London Westminster on your next trip to London.

Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have a booking in this hotel for two rooms on Sunday evening, booked through Lastminute.com with all the exclusions ie. non-refundable, non-exchangeable. Unfortunately, my husband has been taken into hospital, meaning that we have to cancel our plans for the weekend. I contacted Lastminute.com to ask if it would be possible to change the booking to one room for Saturday and Sunday night in order to help me get to and from the hospital more easily - which would incur an extra fee. They were great and said that they would be prepared to refund or make the alternative booking, but needed agreement from the hotel reservations desk. Basically, the hotel refused to make any changes. I don't understand why - they would have received additional income and helped out someone in need. REALLY bad customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dodgy_D09
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we are sincerely sorry to hear that your husband was taken to the hospital, we hope he is doing well now. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your post further and would be grateful if you would contact me at your convenience by emailing icwestminster.info@ihg.com and I look forward to resolving them at the earliest opportunity. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I hope that this experience does not put you off and would ask that if you have the opportunity to return, please contact me directly to personally look after your stay.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had a brilliant stay at the Intercontinental Westminster in April. At check in on a Friday afternoon here seemed to be an excited vibe in the air and the very polite but chatty staff informed me that the hotel was fully booked with the London Marathon happening on Sunday. Luck was with me as it turned out - as a platinum IHG Rewards member, I was upgraded to a junior suite. Once I was checked in, I was escorted to my room and given a quick tour which was a good thing as the room was massive and there were a number of features that needed some explanation. The bedroom was extensive with the entry to a seriously big bathroom (shower at one end, bath at the other with dual sinks in the middle) at the opposite end. The sitting room was on the opposite side of the corridor and consisted of a separate lounge and work area with a mini bar tucked away to one side.
There is a great (but expensive) bar downstairs where they make a mean Hendricks G&T. If your budget won't stretch to a few drinks, there's a great pub just next door too.
The concierge staff are all very friendly and helpful. I asked for tips on dinner as well as directions to a friends house and a St James Park cafe and they were bang on each time.
My only issue with this hotel - that I wasn't able to stay for a few more nights!

Room Tip: The junior suites are amazing if your travelling dollar can stretch that far (or you are lucky enoug...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank natbrown75
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your charming review of your stay at the InterContinental London Westminster, it is always especially pleasing to hear such great feedback from a seasoned traveller. The concierge and front of house teams are hand-picked specialists who pride themselves in their passion to great customer service. Being a member of our loyalty programme - Ambassador gives you a big advantage and upgrade is just one of the countless benefits. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the InterContinental brands. I am very pleased to know how you loved your suite. I am confident you will have more opportunities to be here for a longer stay. Looking forward to have you again.