“Simply The Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #52 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Simply The Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I spent a night at the Intercontinental Westminster and I can only describe it as absolutely fabulous. The room was the best I have ever stayed in, the location is phenomenal, and the service is impeccable!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Tommydeano,

It is such an honour to know that the InterContinental London Westminster is the best hotel you have ever stayed in and we will do everything to keep it this way on your future stays. We also hope that you will have opportunity to stay with us for a longer period of time so you may fully experience and enjoy what we offer. I recommend to try our very popular Champagne Afternoon Tea and our culinary offerings at the Blue Boar Smokehouse if you haven't done so. Please email me personally at icwestminster.info@ihg.com on your next visit to make sure you have a seamless stay.

Regards,
Executive Assistant to GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were here for three nights in July. This hotel is pricy (most are in London), but provided a comfortable, relaxed end to a busy trip. The interior is well insulated and the street off the busiest routes, so the atmosphere inside provides an excellent break from the busy city yet a close walk to the places in St James/Westminster/Trafalgar Square areas.

A very close walk to Westminster Abbey (you can see it from the front door), Parliament buildings, Big Ben and the River Thames. The Eye is just on the other side of the river. A 5 minute walk to these sites. About a 15-25 minute walk to the theatre district just beyond Trafalgar Square and safe to walk at night. About a 20 walk to Buckingham Palace. Be prepared for big crowds in all these places!

The bed, shower and service were excellent. The concierge and font door attendants were incredibly helpful, arranging theatre tickets, giving directions, sharing the weather report and recommending restaurants. The room was serviced more than once a day, offering turn down service, an excellent espresso machine, plenty of closet storage and amenities. A daily newspaper and free coffee, tea and water and soaps/lotion are provided. Wifi is free and the media strip in the room provides plugs for several countries, including US to allow easy charging.

We had breakfast included. There is a nice buffet plus ordered hot food options. The first day the food and service were excellent, but the second we had difficulty getting hot coffee and the eggs were over cooked -- seemed like they were having kitchen challenges the second day, so would have to say the breakfast service could be spotty.

The only disappointment was the cost of transportation to Heathrow airport. We thought it would be a little more direct by tube, bus or train to the airport. It turned out that changes were necessary and we did not feel like navigating it with bags (should have researched this more); a taxi to the airport costs 60-90 lbs or the hotel can arrange a town car for 90lbs.

Room Tip: We opted for a room on the interior court for more quiet and this was achieved. No view from the roo...
1 Thank mtnwanderers
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much enjoyed reading your detailed review about your most recent stay at the InterContinental London Westminster. Thank you for highlighting many of the aspects that sets us ahead of the competition. We could not be prouder upon reading your well written comments. Taking the tube would be the fastest and a cheaper alternative to get to the hotel and yes you will have to change at one station. We welcome constructive feedbacks from our valued guests and I hope your breakfast experience on the second day will not hinder from coming back.

North Redington Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The best location ever. Right at the Tube stop and around the corner from a great Pub and the Double Decker Bus stop. Within walking distance to Westminster Abby, Big Ben and The Thames. Take the boat ride.

Room Tip: Take the bus all day on and off
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRBennett
LONWMHotelMgr, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer. The hotel enjoys a superb location, adjacent to many of London’s must-see sights and activities, yet tucked away in a quiet corner for a peaceful and relaxing stay. Thank you for staying at the InterContinental London Westminster and we hope to have you again.

Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Recently had a one night stay here with my husband. The hotel is in a good location and right across the street from the tube so very easy to get around. Is a short walk to Big Ben, buckingham palace etc.
the room was quit small but the bed was very comfortable.
Service was outstanding esp the concierge who helped us plan an excellent day of sight seeing. Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jessmess71
Dear Guest,

Though only for a night, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm confident that you will have more opportunities to stay for a longer period of time and truly honoured that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to London. Thank you for acknowledging our Concierge team and I will be happy to share your comments to them. We look forward to your upcoming stays at the InterContinental London Westminster hotel.

Kind regards,
Cheshire
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I really enjoyed our weekend shopping break based here. Hotel staff were very attentive, we dined in the hotel restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the food, service and ambience was excellent.
Only downside is that the maid service are very eager and seem to walk in and knock later - rather effecting our privacy! Luckily this only happened once to us. Being picky but I would find it more useful to have a mirror over the desk rather than a picture- perhaps the hotel caters more to business users than those who like to sit down whilst applying make up.
Fabulous hotel will stay there again

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm very happy to hear that you had a fantastic weekend stay at the InterContinental London Westminster. It's great that you managed to try our restaurant during your stay and enjoyed your dining experience. However, I'd like to apologise if you were disturbed when one of our team members tried to clean your room, we hope this has not tainted your wonderful view about the hotel. We do have table mirrors available upon request. Should you need anything on your future stays please let any of the team members know and we'll do our best to provide it for you. Looking forward to have you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

this hotel is everything you could ask for. We stayed here for my birthday and from the moment the doorman called chris (lovely guy and very attentive) we were upgraded due to the hotel being full which we really didnt mind. We stayed in a club suite and the room was lovely. the TV was huge and there was alot of space compared to other suites ive stayed in whilst at hotels in london.
the hotel was immaculate and im not sure how but it was incredibly quiet on all the floors with accommodation which im sure will be important for people staying on business. Everywhere we went spelt knew, strange comment I know but clearly the staff her pay alot of attention to detail and it really shows.
the walk in rain shower was lovely and the bath more than large enough for my 6'2 frame.

All in all this is one of the better hotels ive had the chance to stay in and I would strongly recommend it to anyone whether on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: club suites are very spacious.
1 Thank chrisito58
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental London Westminster to celebrate such a special occasion. We very much enjoyed reading your list of highlights of what makes a stay at InterContinental London Westminster so very special. Thank you for recognising Chris, he is truly a star. I'll make sure to share your feedback to him, his manager and the rest of the team. We hope that you will come to stay with us again in the not so distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014

InterContinental London Westminster is one that I recommend to many and is truly a property that I enjoy but sadly I think it's time to move on. While I have always had an issue with noise from the Tube (sound and vibrations traveling through the building preventing me from sleeping properly) this recent stay just wasn't comfortable at all and for that reason when other small things went 'awry' they seemed to amplify to the point where I began asking myself why I was putting up with it? It took 3 full days for the hotel to fix a major issue in my room - each time with different excuses and often a lack of communication among staff - and twice my room still hadn't been cleaned at 4pm when I returned, despite the 'Please clean me!' sign being posted on my door since 7:30am. I tried to change hotels but with London Fashion Week and Wimbledon in full-swing all other luxury properties were full. I tried changing rooms but (per the previous comment) there weren't many options either. It might just have been a case of bad timing. I love the ultra-modern feel of this property and the proximity to St James Park. I don't care for snarky service at the Blue Boar Bar but love the food. The beds are some of the most comfortable in the world and the bathrooms are a pure delight - spacious and generous offerings of Molton Brown. Staff are mostly very warm and understanding and I will miss them...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank LuxeTravelerHK
Dear Guest,

Thank you for once again staying at the InterContinental London Westminster and for taking the time to document your feedback about your most recent stay. Whilst we are very grateful that recommend us to many, we can't help but get disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations and our own normally exemplary standards. Please accept our sincerest apology. Rather than address each point individually I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly by emailing icwestminster.info@ihg.com, so that I may respond to you personally. We apologise that your stay with us was marred by these experiences and we very much look forward to resolving them at the earliest opportunity. We hope that you will give us a chance to restore your trust in us.