US$280
  • Pool
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$222
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$344
US$156
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$254
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$141
The Langham, London(London)
US$576
  • Pool
3,639 results
All reviewsblue boarwestminster abbeythe executive loungejames park tube stationbig bendirectly across the streetdiamond memberlounge accessrain showerafternoon teanespresso machineturn down serviceluxury hotelwonderful hotellarge bathroomconcierge stafflondon eye
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came to the Conrad London St. James expecting a nice room and excellent service, and was confronted with a small, dark, and depressing room facing a dirty courtyard, a brick wall and the window of the room opposite. The only thing the staff could do for me was offer me a very pricey upgrade (over an already inflated room price), which I couldn't take. The check-in process was also very frustrating. I arrived in the morning and asked for an early check-in , but my room was only ready at 3 pm. There was none of the personalized service or attention to detail typically offered in other 5-star properties. The staff seemed overworked and a bit surly. Overall, a very unsatisfying experience that has put me off the Conrad chain of hotels.

Even though hotel rooms in London tend generally small and expensive, there are countless better and less expensive options in the city. Book here at your own risk!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, then insist on an outside view. Otherwise, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Castro_the_dog
Beverly P, General Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for posting your review, and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. I would very much appreciate if you could provide me with your details so I can reach out to you privately.
info@conradstjames.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a room at this hotel 7 months before arrival date in May 2018. When we arrived at hotel our room was not available and hotel was apparently full. We were not told this at reception and given another room type. Was not until we walked into room that we realized we had been given a different room. My wife then returned to reception to advise them. It was only then they told us of the issue....really. Wife spoke to manager who basically said to bad no rooms left. Didn't offer a rate adjustment or any form of compensation. Was not happy with this deceptive behaviour but only in London for a couple of days so not in a position to run around looking for another place. Was sent a email requesting a review of the experience at the hotel by Conrad after our stay so I completed it, repeating my issues. Then got email reply from hotel manager apologising and offering to look after us next time we stay knowing full well that we will not be back in London for years. Suggestion...look after people at the time of the issue. Hotel itself is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Thank you very much for your review, we have just sent a reply to you via email.
B.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’m a Hilton Diamond Honors member and chose this hotel based on other reviews and they definitely lived up to my expectations. The location is opposite St James Tube station so makes it easy to get around and close to Victoria. I was able to do an early check in at 11 am and had been upgraded to a Deluxe room which was lovely- excellent bathroom with a deep soak tub and separate Rain shower. I am very picky about beds and can say this is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I’ve slept on- I travel a lot around the world. The room is extremely quiet and well appointed including a TV wall and a. Espresso coffee machine. The turn down service included soft lights and music playing on return to my room and a lovely little packet of sweet treat from the in-house chef- the macaroons were yummy. Excellent selection for breakfast and staff are all very helpful and friendly. I’m definitely going to make this my go to hotel for when I stay in London

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Marina,
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely five star review following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are now your preferred hotel for when you come to London - that's just great!
Thank you again, we so appreciate your kind feedback.
B.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful hotel with world class service in a perfect location to explore London. I can't say enough good things about the service and wonderful staff at this hotel. From our check-in experience to dining experiences the service was fantastic. It is a beautiful hotel with an intimate feel that is within walking distance to most London attractions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BMJJR

Thank you very much for your kind review, we all try so hard to get it right and it's really wonderful to know when we have done so.
Thank you again, B.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from a week in London and had a great stay at the Conrad St. James. Hotel is conveniently located and accessible to all of London's attractions. Room was extremely comfortable and welcoming and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Great job.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review we very much appreciate this and are looking forwrad to seeing you soon.
Thank you. B.