“The best pub food in London ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Pea

Green Pea
Ranked #51 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish, British, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
London
“The best pub food in London ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We have visited Tom's on a number of occasions recently. My husband is very fussy when it comes to pub food as he resents paying for food that he can cook better at home. However, after convincing him on one occasion we now visit frequently. The pies are incredible. He also has an extensive veggie menu which is great. All food comes in huge portion sizes with lots of fresh, well cooked veg. The puddings are also worth trying if there is any space left.

1 Thank LondonAms

“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We live in the Greenwich are but had never got round to trying this restaurant. After seeing so many positive reviews we decided to visit on a Tuesday night. It was not what we expected. The owner, Tom, greeted us and took us to our table. We were given no menus. Instead Tom just told us what he had made that day. All of it sounded delicious but I went for the lamb shank while my husband chose the steak pie. Children are offered smaller portions of pies or Tom will make chicken bites which are homemade nuggets. All our food was delicious and very fresh - nothing was frozen. We also had desserts and drink and our bill was less than £50 which is pretty remarkable for the area. Tom also told us that we could bring our own wine for a small corkage fee so I will be taking advantage of that on my next visit

“Super food and host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

What can I say. Tom is a true pleasure to meet and a great host. The food was good old fashioned English grub cook perfectly and extremely good value for money at under £45 for 4 with dessert and he also gave us some free chocolates and coffee. Super

Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awesome !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try,if you are walking from Greenwich go past the maritime museum on your right past the queens house and about another five minutes walk and you'll see a pub called hardys it is to the right side ,you could easily miss it.I'm really glad we didn't ,we got a warm friendly greeting as soon as we walked through the door and we were made to feel at home the entire time we were there by tom and his glamorous assistants,nothing was too much trouble and the food was amazing,we both had pie although there was plenty of other things to chose from which I would think are equally as good.i can't believe it's taken so long to go there but can't wait to go back for my free glass of tap water .
A fantastic experience thanks to everyone there.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A real chill out - lazy Sunday afternoon lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Having driven or walked past The Green Pea over the last 20 years decided to pay the place a little visit and boy I'm glad I did!
What I found was a real gem and the restaurant and pub is a great little find. A typical old fashioned Irish pub. Little booths, comfy sofa's and chairs and a real chilled vibe.
Booked a table for four on Sunday, as I booked on Sunday we missed out on certain dishes but need not worry as what we ordered was freshly prepared and freshly cooked.
Two of us ordered the pies, one streak and one chicken. Both well cooked with my steak being cooked very slowly so that it melts in the mouth and the other members of party had roast lamb and beef which smelled and looked as good as it tasted!
Don't expect an in and out place, Tom, the owner, lets you settle, enjoy your food and relax after eating. He described each dish to the very last ingredient and doesn't push you to make decisions! Always attentive to all his customers despite the fact that he never wrote a single item down!
And CHEAP! £60 for four meals, three desserts, a round of drinks and a LARGE pot of tea!
Would be an ideal place to pop in and avoid the hustle of Greenwich or a great way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon!
Will be going back soon!

• Visited February 2014