“Excellent authentic Irish fare and charm”
Review of Green Pea

Green Pea
Ranked #63 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Completely amazing little gem. We live in Lewisham with Irish heritage on my husbands side of the family and a 9 year old who is extremely proud of this. Walking into Green Pea is so reminiscent of places we have been to in Cavan where the family hails from. Food is traditional and fresh and generous. It is also extremely delicious and hearty. I had the chicken and ham pie and it was totally fantastic, packed with good quality ingredients, tasty as hell and just like our family cook. The puddings are sensational, definitely worth a try. And just to say the gravy is some of the best I have ever tasted, of not THE best. Lovely mix of clientele with a nice mix of older and younger generations. Sadly Tom was out when we visited and one of his friends from the deli was in the kitchen. This did not seem to make any difference as the banter was super friendly and genuine and a lovely, lovely man who Tom can safely feel is extending a warm welcome to his customers. Couldn't fault the place, we can see why it's getting such fabulous reviews and well deserved. Good on you may Green Pea keep on doing such a brilliant job

1  Thank NykkiDNurse
There are newer reviews for Green Pea

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I have recently moved into Blackheath and got a high recommendation to check out the Green Zoe's, we were not disappointed.

Big hearty welcome on our arrival, the gentleman who served us as welcoming, sat down as literally went through what was available on the menu.

I opted for ham, mash and veg, my husband had fish and chips. The plate was over flowing, the atmosphere friendly and buzzing, we didn't have any room for dessert

Highly recommended

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I decided to come back to visit Tom. This time with some friends to let them try the delicious pies that they make here. We call first by phone to make sure that they would be ready for our visit. I think is better to call them to make sure they have food and they can serve you otherwise you will be disappointed. They don't want that so. Thanks again for a delicious pie. My friend were really happy and I had a small nap in the sofa alter eating. Feeling like at home. ++++++++++++100%100%+++++++++++

3  Thank Tlmo84
Reviewed 1 July 2014

There are several places in Greenwich but I would find it hard to match the Green Pea in every aspect. Tom is a delight! The pies are delicious. We ordered 3 pies, steak, chicken and leek and the chicken and ham. Each were packed with tasty meat and distinctly flavored. They were awesome and filling! Came with a bounty of side vegetables, potatoes and a hearty gravy. We arrived at 2pm on Monday and were surprised the place was empty except for a couple local women who just finished. Tom sat and gave us a verbal rendition of the menu, his Irish accent and flourishes made us feel very special. It was empty b/c they close early on mondays(3pm). Though the reviews on TripAdvisor are stellar, Tom emphasizes that he needs to make sure he keeps his regulars/locals satisfied. So the price is very, very reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food. It's not about packing the place or rapid turnover of tables, it's about making sure everyone enjoys his small slice of the world. I'm sure we may have had a slightly different experience if we had come at a busy time, that we would not have had the same exposure to Tom but I believe he is sincere in his focus for the restaurant. Quality at a value. The Green Pea, for us, was a unique " English village experience" not far from bustling metropolitan London.

2  Thank Oh-Gee-SF
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Easy to miss along the main Trafalgar Road, but the food and service is fantastic. Tom likes you to book so that he can ensure the food is prepared based on numbers and cooked fresh. Tom is very entertaining and plain speaking and very soon you feel that you are at the home of an old friend. Food is homemade and delicious. The quality of the meat is outstanding. After finishing the meal Tom came over and asked if we were happy and full - if not he would bring is more meat and potato! The portions are large enough not to need 2nds! Dessert was a choice of homemade cakes and the chocolate fudge cake was the best I have ever eaten. After complimenting Tom on the cake, he gave us a helping each to take home. You really should try the Greenpea as it is a different experience to any where I have ever been and the whole of my group raved about it.

1  Thank Blairite_1985