“fabulous home cooked food”
Review of Green Pea

Green Pea
Ranked #84 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had a fabulous home made steak pie that came with roast potatoes, veg and gravy. Can't rate it highly enough. Delicious and you get a lot for what you pay. Tom the owner was really friendly, welcoming and funny. Came and sat down beside us to tell us what he had on offer for us that day rather than use a menu. Felt really at home and will certainly go back.

3  Thank Sam H

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The most amazing food and unrealistic :) Tom. I really want to come back to Green peas!!!Thomas cakes yourself for yourself!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Based on other reviews we went there and they sure met the high expectations we had.

There's no set menu, instead the owner greets the guests and tells them what he has in store for them. We ordered Steak and Guinness Pies with chips, mash, veggies and gravy and got two large portions of everything.

All seemed to be home-made and not convenience stuff, the pies were tasty and crispy, the veggies were still a bit crisp, they even managed to do the broccoli al dente. The mash was fluffy, the chips crunchy and the gravy one of the best i ever had.

We're definitely going to come back next time we're in London.

4  Thank Thorsten F
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was looking for some traditional English/Irish food to show my partner and daughter the real London. Tom did not disappoint in either food, banter or that feel good factor. We had a selection of Pies and Lamb Shank between us and the veg selection was good sized. The interesting thing is that there was no menu this day, and Tom just pulled up a chair and verbally gave us the menu (in detail and cooking style used). My family whom are Japanese just loved the Man and the Food.. He allowed my partners daughter to play the piano..

2  Thank Jasen
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I came here based on other reviews and I wasn't sorry. Tom the owner is chatty and a real character, he is also incredibly passionate about his food. The food is excellent, really hearty, mostly british dishes, that are done better than most other places. Home cooked pies came with real gravy that was best I've had in years. Would highly recommend giving it a try.

2  Thank xoddsx2014