“Best steaks in London”

Buen Ayre
Ranked #298 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$52 - US$207
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best steaks in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visited here in May 2014, and had a fabulous dinner with friends. I have been to other good steak restaurants in London including Hawksmoor, Marco Pierre White's, Gaucho and Smith's and I have to say this was the best steak I have had anywhere in London. We started with a beef carpaccio that just melted as you ate it. But however amazing and delicious it was, we almost wish we had not had it because the main courses here are massive. We chose one of the sharing meals, which had three different cuts of beef on it, some grilled Provolone cheese, a grilled mushroom, black pudding and a sausage. Even between four of us we struggled to eat it. All the wine on the list is Argentinian (from memory) and we chose a really good Malbec. The wine is particularly good value for money. Don't be put off by the location of this restaurant (Hackney!) it is worth the trip. Service was great and the whole atmosphere was lovely. I advise anyone thinking of going to book though as it is always busy

Somerset, UK
“just go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

my friend booked this restaurant for my birthday and i have to say i was slightly apprehensive.
I looked on their website and i wasnt really sold.
But looks can be deceiving! This place is totally amazing.
The most amazing steaks and exceptional value.
If you're not in to meat then granted this probably isnt the place for you but if you're on the fence then its definitely woirth it. If, like my husband, youre a meat fanatic then this place is a must visit.
Definitely go for the sharing meat platters and probably skip starters.
We had the biggest platter on the menu and we did managae to finish it all but only becasue we had two burly men with us who refused to give in! We also had a side order of chips which were the bgest chips ive ever tasted but between the four of us we only managed one tiny bowl. Which makes me sad!
We couldnt manage dessert either...

London
“Brilliant Buen Ayre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this little gem for lunch. It has a buzzy atmosphere. The service is good and the staff are friendly. Ate from the set lunch menu. £9.00 for two courses. Starter and main or main and dessert. I had marinated ox tail which was delicious. I then had steak and salad. I have to say it was the best steak I have ever tasted and even the dressing on the salad was wonderful. Some in my party had dessert and that looked great too. I cannot fault this restaurant.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I think this is probably one of the best steaks I've had! Staff are really friendly, this could be my new favourite restaurant!!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you like steak, come here. It's as simple as that. A friend and I stopped by and ate very well for approximately £20-25 each (we went light on the drink). The steak was amazing and the waiters knowledgable about the cuts of meat, with good recommendations. I have since sent other people here and they were similarly impressed!

• Visited January 2014