“To be avoided”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Poor service with food which looked like it came out of a tin after an extended wait. Not a place I could ever recommend when there are so many other restaurants on the same street offering superior food and service for a similar price

4  Thank Francisthetraveller

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I went in with my daughters and we were all treated very well indeed. When my younger daughter asked for scrambled egg and baked beans. . . . yes, I know. . . .they kindly obliged! My elder daughter and I both went for more conventional choices and were not disappointed either. The waiter was very child friendly too and my daughters enjoyed the experience. Great food and not too expensive. . . . .and all just off Leicester Square! Perfect!

Reviewed 14 June 2012

The menu sells you homemade food. I think it must all be bought from Iceland. Cod and chips £12, was a frozen deep fried mess. On top of that, automatic 12.5% service charge.
Wish i'd chsoen another place to eat from the so many available.

4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The worst restaurant I have been in. £6 for 3 dried up bits of garlic bread, 2 of the meals served stone cold, £5 each for a krusha milkshake and the toilet door wedged open with a fire extinguisher in the hope it will dry out the urine flooded floor. The ladies toilets were unable to accept toilet paper with this being disposed of in a bin in the cubicle & the toilet seat fell off when my 6yr old daughter sat on it. And they were surprised I was not happy when I got a 12% service charge on the bill!. They did knock this and the cost of the 2 cold meals off the bill - very generous! No wonder they're chasing customers down the street trying to get them to go in. I genuinely wanted to stand outside and warn off other punters - but was too busy trying to find somewhere to eat!

5  Thank RitchieW123
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was this first place my family and I ate in London this past weekend, and I think it was the best. We were looking for something to eat after getting up early and traveling from main-land EU and then catching a train and redeeming our LondonPass when we came upon Il Padrino. As is normal for an Italian resturant, there was an employee standing out front encouraging us to eat there, and I'm happy we choose this. My youngest son had the fish and chips, and truely it was the best plate of fish and chips we had all weekend. My husband's risotto was very tastey as was my feta salad. My oldest son's spaghetti was good - not fantastic - but far from the horribleness others have discribed.
Maybe, the secret is getting there early in the day?