“What else do you need?”
Review of Pearl Hotel London

Pearl Hotel London
Ranked #860 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my two friends stayed at this hotel this weekend. We had a three bed room and stayed two nights for sightseeing in London. It's clean, comfortable an in a good central location, breakfast was basic but nice, we drove into London and chose this hotel because we could park, parking was in the street opposite and we had no problem getting a space even at rush hour on a Friday!!
We thought the price was reasonable for the central location and as we were out all day just wanted a clean room, comfortable bed and a shower to come back to which is exactly what we got.
Would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a small basic hotel, but very clean and very new. Tea/coffee all provided in rooms, toilitries etc all included. Free WI-FI. Breakfast is served in the Sapphire Hotel, literally 5 doors along, this was no problem. It is a small breakfast room, 4 or 5 tables but we were seated straight away. The bizaar thing is they had a guy working from a desk in there!
The area is a bit dodgy, but it is in a perfect position for events at the Hammersmith Appollo.
Would I stay here again? Probably, but only if it were for 1 night and i was going to the Apollo.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 33, which was on the 1st floor and relatively quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Well got to room on top floor. The room was small the double bed was pushed against a wall to enable the en suite door to open fully. The bed had sheets on that were too small for the size of the bed and were only changed ounce during our stay. When they were changed the linen look dirty with what appeared to be tea stains and nail varnish on them. Only two bath towels were supplied with no hand towels or bath mat which in my opinion was a health and safety issue. On the first night we asked for extra towels which we never received. There were two dorma windows in the room one of which was not suitable to open as it was situated approximately two foot from the buildings soil pipe which made the room smell lovely so had to keep it shut! The en suite was so small you had to open the door to use the sink as the space was so tight. No glass was supplied to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth and we were given dirty ones from the reception. There were younger guests stopping on the same floor who thought it fun to run from bedroom to bedroom banging doors and having a party at 2:00am. Breakfast was classed as continental but no mention of having to go 7 doors along the road to get it. They did offer an English breakfast also but with no meat as the owners were obviously Muslim.

Room Tip: Go the ibis along the road it costs more but you will get a better deal in the long run
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here since central London is more than double the rate. They put us in the Pearl Hotel a few doors down even though I booked for the Sapphire. There was no breakfast in the Pearl and we went to the Sapphire. It was a room with just 6 tables for at least 2 B&Bs; needless to say, people were waiting to be seated. The breakfast was scrambled eggs and toast with margarine and second rate jam in a supermarket jar plus tea or coffee. There were croissants, cereal and juice at a help yourself table- no buffet and one waitress was taking orders and serving. Our room was updated and new and it was attractive and clean but small which is no surprise in London. There are no elevators and we had lots of luggage to carry down and up the stairs. Yes, we stayed in the basement. We were not far from the nearest Shephard's Bush underground, about 40 minutes from the center. I don't think I will stay here again though, not very impressed and it isn't THAT cheap for what you get.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if you will be put in the Sapphire if that is where you booked.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tracy t
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Me and my partner booked this hotel due to the fact it was one of the cheapest around and in a central location. After reading the terrible reviews, I asked my partner to cancel but we were unable to do so due to the fact the booking was made the night before we were due to stay at the hotel.

I was very apprehensive to stay here but on arrival was pleasantly surprised at how modern and clean the reception area looked. The room itself although small was modern, tidy and clean. My only criticism was that the carpet in the room needed a clean but it wasn't awful and certainly didn't put me or my partner off.

I think people need to realise this hotel is a cheap and basic hotel and if your expecting the luxury of the Hilton then you will have to pay that much extra. It's decent for a place to stay for a night at an affordable price.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Londonchick94
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I originally booked into the Sapphire Hotel (a sister hotel of the Pearl) based on what looked like some moderately good reviews. The price seemed a bit steep at 100 GBP. When I turned up I was told I had been moved to a sister hotel down the road called the Pearl, but I had been upgraded and the new hotel was freshly renovated. On arriving at the Pearl I immediately saw that this was not true. The room was tiny, in the basement and work was still going on around the hotel. Despite the fresh coat of paint, the room was one of the worst I have stayed in. The room itself faced out onto quite literally a building site and every morning I was treated to the builders having their morning coffee and cigarettes talking directly outside my window. The renovation of the room itself was terrible. Cracked tiles in the bathroom, a shower angled so high that even standing against the far wall you would need to be 2 metres tall to get wet and basic fittings missing. The tiny TV was set so high in the room that when lying in bed you cannot see the screen clearly. I would never have booked into the Pearl and clearly the owners have realized this, which is why they are transferring guests from the Sapphire. Frankly disgraceful.
Avoid booking at either the Sapphire or the Pearl

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Julian S
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A typical old-home-turned-into-a-hotel like many in London. It's inexpensive accommodation not far from Hammersmith Station and an easy walk to Shepherd's Bush station too.

The place is being renovated and there is still some work to be done. Breakfast was included in the tariff but as the dining room is not yet ready I had to walk 4 doors down and eat at that hotel.

My room was a single with an ensuite bathroom, all very newly refurbished and painted. Tea and coffee making is available as is a tv. I note heating but no air-con and when I was there London was having it's hottest summer years so the room was a bit stuffy.

Over all it was good value with pleasant and helpful staff.

Room Tip: I had a single room, number 17, just at the top of the first landing, all very convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo