“The Pearl. The Emerald. FANTASTIC hotels!!!”
Review of Pearl Hotel London

Pearl Hotel London
Ranked #864 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Columbus, Ohio
“The Pearl. The Emerald. FANTASTIC hotels!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

So I wrote a review on the Sapphire before I left for Spain. Upon my return, the Sapphire was fully booked. The management booked a deluxe room for me in the Pearl, which they have a couple of. The other rooms are just as comfortable as they are in the Sapphire. They even let me take a look at the Emerald in case I wanted a room there; I'm not picky and both hotels' standards are of the highest order so I stayed in the Pearl. I even enjoyed my stay in the Pearl better than my stay in the Sapphire, which I absolutely loved! (Read the review)

The management returned the bag they were storing for me while I was away in Spain. And the staff in the Pearl are just as friendly and helpful as they were in the Sapphire.

My room in the Pearl was top-notch. Nice comfortable bed with towels folded into a swan, coffee maker, brand new bathrooms, comfortable chair, tv, and places to store clothes. This and the Emerald are newly finished and look amazing. New lighting and tiling give it an inviting appeal.

The real charm of the Pearl as I mentioned in the sapphire review is the breakfast area downstairs. It's brand new and the full English breakfast consists of many options: croissants, eggs, toast, jam, nutella, butter, coffee, tea, juice, milk, cereal, sausages, hash browns. The chairs are plush and comfortable. And there's a flat screen to catch up on the morning news. It's a great way to start the day and enjoy London. And my room would be completely cleaned with new towels and linens every night I came back from running around London.

Same as the Sapphire, obviously, it's close to shepherd's Bush underground and overground stations as well as Hammersmith underground stations. The Westfield is close by also. It's in a great location, no doubt.

As for the other reviews here, they've lost the plot. (Probably written by uptight, picky types who're never happy in life about anything. Oh well, forget them.) This boutique hotel looks new; it has amazing staff, breakfast, and rooms; and is really comfortable to stay in. And I will definitely stay here every time I return to London.
Proper comfortable. Book it. Enjoy London. Cheers.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank fmc237

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I originally booked at the Sapphire Hotel, however got moved to their sister hotel the Pearl Hotel just a few doors down! My stay here was brilliant! My room was small, as expected in London, but spotlessly clean and had everything I required! The staff were friendly and happy to help and provide any information required! Location is fantastic, right near the underground (central line), but just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central London! There is a park at the end of the street and plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby! The suburb appears to be decent and being a young female on my own, I had no troubles at all walking around, even at night!
Breakfast at the hotel was great and the girls who cooked were friendly, happy to help and super efficient!
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking at affordable, decent accommodation in London!
Will be back :)

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank fluceb
Borders
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Where to start! We had stayed in the Sapphire 5 doors up the street for one night of our three night booking which had been terrible so we complained and they moved us to their sister hotel The Pearl Hotel.
There was very little about this hotel that was good apart from the location. On the outside it looks very nice but the reality is quite different. The room we were told was a luxury double room but we failed to see what made it luxury, there was no mirror or bin in the bedroom, the kettle lid was broken. We were only given one towel each which was a very small ‘bath towel’ the same as the previous hotel, we would normally have asked for a hand towel but when we asked for a hand towel in the Sapphire we were asked why we couldn’t just use the one towel, the same towel for our face and body! Who does that? We decided not to bother asking for any more towels. The towels we did get were stained and not very fresh. The hotel was supposed to be brand new but there was mould in the bathroom, cracked tiles and the loo seat was not fixed properly. There was damp on the walls that had obviously been painted over but it had seeped back through and there was a crack in the bathroom sink. The shower cabinet was tiny and shower head not adjustable so I had to take it off the wall in order to use it.
Breakfast was served in what looked like a kitchen/diner, with the staff cooking and washing up in the same room as we were eating which didn’t feel very comfortable. One of us asked for fried eggs and were served scrambled and when we said we had asked for fried we were treated with disdain and questioned if we were sure, as my partner cannot eat anything with milk in we were very sure we had not asked for scrambled eggs ! The butter dishes were open and topped up after service and full of crumbs from the day before, as were the jars of jam and chocolate sauce on the tables and the napkins were cheap kitchen paper. The staff were drying the dishes with bedroom towels.
The front room/reception was just like a hang out place for staff and their pals. The staff were not particularly approachable; we were not actually very sure who was who so it was difficult to know who to speak to about our room or getting extra towels etc.

Room Tip: Just don't bother
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gingerdee

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Ostend, Belgium
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is clean, freshly painted. The room (with good mattress and small fridge) and bathroom are not to small and inviting with nice tv, but small open wardrobe. Enough sockets in the room for appliances. Breakfast doesn't include meat, but the eggs are baked on request (you have beans, cereal, yoghurt , Nutella...). Nice airy breakfast area with television on the wall so you will not miss the news. No lift, but easy stairs. Very near to shops, post office,restaurants and pubs, market (huge shopping mall Westfield) and several metro stops Leaving your luggage for the rest of the day is free, a small fee is asked if it is more than one day. Very kind and helpful staff. Shepherd's Bush is just a tube ride away from London Centre but is in itself very vivid and bustling. Price for room is okay too, I would stay in the same hotel again.

Room Tip: Just ask as many questions as you like before booking to be sure you have the right hotel for you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Bierkruikje
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Couteous and friendly staff, comfortable and well appointed rooms. The location is very good and easy walk from the tube station. The westfield shopping mall is also very close which is a plus point. Sumptous breakfast- great to start long days travel in london. Cant really fault the place but maybe a mini bar would have been another plus point.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Farriya88
Inverness
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just returned from spending 4 nights at the Pearl hotel. My title unfortunately for me says it all. I wish I could give it a better review as all staff are really nice and can see that a lot of money has obviously been spent refurbishing the property, but one MAJOR problem with both the room I was in, and the same with my travel companions room means I feel I can't and feel I couldn't recommend it to any friends/family. Which is a shame.

Overall our stay was good, but the major problem are the bathrooms in both the single rooms we stayed in. It was absolutely impossible to use the toilet in the ensuite without having to have the bathroom door open!! How this has been allowed to be built in a hotel I cant understand! It's not as if I'm a big guy, only 5ft8.. not only couldn't sit on the toilet without having the bathroom door wide open as there is only a few inches between it and the door, couldn't stand in front either. I thought it may just be my room, but then after speaking with the person i was travelling with who is 5ft2... she had the exact same problem!

Apart from this we had a good stay. There were some other minor problems which could easily be sorted, and some great pluses to this hotel compared to other places I've stayed in being a regular visitor to London which I've detailed below.

Pros

* Good location within 0.5 miles walk of 4 different tube stations and within walking distance of the Westfield Shopping Centre with load of shops and places to eat
* Very friendly and welcoming staff
*Free and reasonably fast Wifi in rooms
*Flat screen TV with freeview channels
*Breakfast included at a room price that comparable places supply room only
*Fridge in room (not a pro for us, but maybe for some. Would have prefered a bedside table or drawers/storage)

Cons

*Bathroom layout (as detailed above)
*Only one bath towel provided in room (no hand towel etc)
*No bedside table and lack of storage/coat hangers
*Tea/Coffee not replenished during stay
*Breakfast good for price paid, but limited if staying more than a few days. (Cornflakes/Weetabix, mini croissants, Scrambled/Fried Eggs/Beans & white toast, Tea/Coffee/Hot chocolate/Orange Juice)
*Although not the fault of hotel, website we booked through stated that hairdryer and iron were in room... neither were.

As stated a lot of the problems were minor, and had it not been for the impossible layout of the bathrooms I would have given the Pearl Hotel 4 or 5 out of 5!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean room with comfortable beds and good ameneties. Very nice breakfast served until quite late. Clean towels, soap, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and milk all provided. TV with lots of channels and built-in DVD player. What more could you ask for!

Good, busy area with lots of shops and nice restaraunts. Westfield Shopping Centre is a 5 minute journey up the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends