“Topshop ans Selfridges”

Ranked #46 of 282 Bakeries in London
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 1 February 2013

on my 3day city trip I bought a red velvet cake at Topshop from Lola's cupcakes which was Amazing!! the best red velvet I've ever had ( and I've eaten the Magnolia bakery NY ones and the Hummingbird ones).
The last day I went to Selfridges, I bought red velvets again,a rocky road ( wasn't good , very dry, not a lot of flavor),a bananofee ( or something like that , which was very good ),an a peanut which wasn't all that :) but overall the red velvet is to die for!

( don't forget there's also a shop at Topshop )

There are newer reviews for Lola's Cupcakes

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Sorry, tried the black bottom cupcake and it wasnt that good, didnt taste like it contained the finest ingredients as they say.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I am in love with Lola's cupcakes! Each month they have a theme where they have special cupcakes alongside their usual range. I loved it when they did passion fruit cupcakes, they were my favourite. I wish they did the specials in tiny sizes too as I'd love to buy all and try each of them. The regular range comes in normal and tiny size, so I often opt for a few small ones. I've tried a lot of their range and they usually very tasty. I have found sometimes the sponge can be a bit dry, but this wasn't often. I had a banoffee one last month and that was quite sickly, really could have done with that in a small size! I like this one in Selfridge's, even though it is surrounded by other options, the pretty presentation always catches my eye. They also do a card which they stamp so when you've bought a certain number you get one free. This is the same with their coffees.

1  Thank hellodeborah
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Ordered a red velvet cake for a birthday and ended up chasing it all day of the party. Didn't actually show up until after the party. Not great. Having said that their cheese cake, ordered for a different occasion is amazing. Best since I left the USA. Only with they did a chocolate one.

1  Thank JPID
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Tried the rocky road cupcake and the black bottom cupcake. Not blown away by either, and the rocky road tasted more like a muffin - too dry and the topping wasn't cohesive. Fell apart and rained marshmallows and chocolate bits on first bite.