“Avoid Selfridges? Go to Lola's Mayfair!”
Review of Lola's Cupcakes

Lola's Cupcakes
Ranked #47 of 282 Bakeries in London
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Sounds like you need to avoid the concession in Selfridges - just visit the cafe / bakery on Lansdowne Row near Berkeley Square - I have been to Lola's Mayfair (Lansdowne Row) many times now and clealry have had veryu different experience than most of the reviewers of Selfrdiges. I am forever making up excuses to go back. Their Oreo and Red Velvet cupcakes are the stuff of legends - a real treat. Good place to go for a coffee with a client or a friend and enjoy a coffee and a cupcake small or large. Consistent quality and much better than Hummingbird and other similar outfits.

1  Thank EIDH
There are newer reviews for Lola's Cupcakes

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Have tried lots of cupcakes in my time and Lola's red velvet are definately one of the best. Tried baking them myself but nowhere near as good!

1  Thank Sparkle168
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Was walking through Selfridges when I came across this cupcake company. Looked fab, and they had my favourite red velvet cupcakes. I purchased 4 for myself and family, but oh how disappointed and wrong I was. The service was excellent, but the taste of the cupcake was awful, the cake fell apart when you picked it up, it was dry and the icing on top fell off. In all a waste of 11.00 pounds that I paid. Would sooner have gone else where. Never again! Have even complained to Selfridges.

4  Thank kazzy006
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Been here a couple of times now and been very pleased with my apple and cinnamon cake on both occasions.

I'm not a big cupcake fan and so have both times plumped for the slices, though the cupcakes look good too.

However found that the seating was limited and haphazard, ie. people sat where they could rather then tables being assigned. So we had a lady taking up a space where 4 of us were going to sit whilst she just had a cup of tea, whilst 4 of us were squashed around a smaller table whilst ordering cakes and drinks!

I tried one of companions chocolate fudge cake and thought it was a little dry, best to stick with things in the sponge that have natural moisture for the best result. As I said, the apple and cinnamon is to die for. So tasty and moreish.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Tried the peanut butter, the Oreo cookie & the carrot cake mini cupcakes. All were very tasty but if you want to enjoy these with a coffee as a break during shopping this is tricky as the seating is very limited, we had to just hover which was a shame.