“Dry so dry”

Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
“Dry so dry”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Terrible, I had the misfortune to experience these so called cup cakes. They where dry and fell apart they are not fresh by a long mile, the topping is hard with a greasy texture not good. I had the banana I have no idea where the banana was as I was overwhelmed with cinnamon and spat it straight out disgusting . The peanut butter cup cake I would be shocked to find actual peanut butter was used, they tasted incredibly artificial gross not to mention dry dry dry.

1 Thank kate c

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid Selfridges? Go to Lola's Mayfair!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Sounds like you need to avoid the concession in Selfridges - just visit the cafe / bakery on Lansdowne Row near Berkeley Square - I have been to Lola's Mayfair (Lansdowne Row) many times now and clealry have had veryu different experience than most of the reviewers of Selfrdiges. I am forever making up excuses to go back. Their Oreo and Red Velvet cupcakes are the stuff of legends - a real treat. Good place to go for a coffee with a client or a friend and enjoy a coffee and a cupcake small or large. Consistent quality and much better than Hummingbird and other similar outfits.

1 Thank EIDH
“Delicious Cupcakes”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Have tried lots of cupcakes in my time and Lola's red velvet are definately one of the best. Tried baking them myself but nowhere near as good!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sparkle168
Uxbridge, London
“Would never use again!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Was walking through Selfridges when I came across this cupcake company. Looked fab, and they had my favourite red velvet cupcakes. I purchased 4 for myself and family, but oh how disappointed and wrong I was. The service was excellent, but the taste of the cupcake was awful, the cake fell apart when you picked it up, it was dry and the icing on top fell off. In all a waste of 11.00 pounds that I paid. Would sooner have gone else where. Never again! Have even complained to Selfridges.

3 Thank kazzy006
London
“Tasty cake, limited seating”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Been here a couple of times now and been very pleased with my apple and cinnamon cake on both occasions.

I'm not a big cupcake fan and so have both times plumped for the slices, though the cupcakes look good too.

However found that the seating was limited and haphazard, ie. people sat where they could rather then tables being assigned. So we had a lady taking up a space where 4 of us were going to sit whilst she just had a cup of tea, whilst 4 of us were squashed around a smaller table whilst ordering cakes and drinks!

I tried one of companions chocolate fudge cake and thought it was a little dry, best to stick with things in the sponge that have natural moisture for the best result. As I said, the apple and cinnamon is to die for. So tasty and moreish.