“OK Diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service is good and the people are friendly. Everything is cooked fresh.
Burgers are OK - had a lot better
Nice break in the walk - but would probably find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I really enjoy coming here when the sun is out. Only ever had the pancakes which are decent. The best thing about this place is that is tucked away, quiet and you don’t get chased by waiters to keep on ordering. I come here to switch off for a couple of hours and to enjoy a calm Sunday morning. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a fun little cafe in Trinity Buoy Wharf. My son and I popped in here for their pancakes before his Parkour camp around the corner. The pancakes were fluffy and light and were served with butter and a good pouring of maple syrup.

My son, who is notoriously fussy, ate every bite and pronounced them awesome. I had a extra of bacon with mine and the whole thing was delicious. The coffee was good and we enjoyed our meal.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, including giving my son a second generous pouring of syrup on his pancakes half way through eating them.

The diner is a bit shabby - but since it was originally in Massachusetts what do you expect - and it could probably be more organised but we really enjoyed it.

1  Thank caz2015
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I ate the mediterran salad, Mozzarella Sticks, the Veggie Burger with Sweetpotatos.
The Sweetpotatos have the best Sweetpotato fries quality, which had.
The food quality is absolutely o.k. -
The smoothies and milkshakes are nice as well.
Friendly staff, I had no trouble here. The food is delivered fast. The coffee quality is good.
I consume mostly a double Espresso after my meal.
What is definitively feeding up are also the Haloumi Wraps.
As a Vegetarian, I can enjoy an o.k. repertoire of food here.
The music in the background is on some days 50s music and on other days 80s.
The staff is very very young what is lovely to see. I am mostly positively impressed, when young people run their own business.
Who doesn't aim a posh restaurant, but a very solid and authentic American Diner is here for sure at the right place!

1  Thank NP84Berlin
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

It's unusual for me to write a bad review but I was actually blown away by how bad Fatboy's diner was. Admittedly it was a busy day and the snow had caused some disruption, but after opening late due to staff lateness, there was a backlog of customers already waiting. When they served my table drinks they completely forgot mine, as well as the complimentary hot drinks offered with our order. When the food arrived it excluded the beans we had ordered. Our reminders were dismissed with a 'yes it's coming up now' a clear attempt to hide the fact they had forgotten. The beans were as cold as if they had just come from the tin and the 'grilled' tomato was raw. The table next to us were casually told after paying and waiting for pancakes with maple syrup, that there was no maple syrup and they can have butter instead. The staff seemed lazy and unapologetic. To top it off the milkshake machine began making a terrible noise that persisted for a good 5 minutes. After customers left tables remained dirty despite the staff not seeming busy. When the young waitress, who was the most professional of the team, began wiping the tables, she was openly chastised by the waiter and chef (for whatever reason) in front of everyone.

Such a shame that such a quaint diner would be ruined by such a shocking lack of professionalism.

1  Thank CeliaUrbachLondon