“Hidden Gem”

No 35 Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: The Hempel is located within a seven-minute walk of Paddington Station, or a five-minute walk from Bayswater Tube Station and Lancaster Gate.
Description: Minimalist-chic and uber-cool design come together at this Bayswater neighborhood restaurant. No. 35 sits comfortably in The Hempel hotel; a stucco fronted 5-star haven created by renowned designer Anouska Hempel for those looking for something very special and private.
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Thanks to Trip advisor I found this terrific restaurant. Great ambience. Interesting and diverse menu. The scallops entree with black pudding was delightful. The deserts were a real highlight. The wine list by the glass had good quality. The service was top class. Head waiter Bruno was fantastic. I will definitely return and would highly recommend.

1 Thank KMcL1
HempelFandB, Food & Beverage Manager at No 35 Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear KMcL1

Thank you for reviewing and recommending No. 35 Restaurant on Tripadvisor.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service so it is very reassuring to receive your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No. 35 and The Hempel in the near future.

essex
“Wonderful food and Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We went to the No 35 Restaurant at the Hempel for my birthday on a Travelzoo Offer.
We were made to feel very welcolme by all the staff.
The cocktail was ok but then again I am not fan of them and my partner had a soft drink which I was told was nice but was full of ice.
The 3 course meal was superb and every course was nicely presented and a joy to the eye.
The food was full of flavour especially the lamb which was correctly cooked and had a great taste.
The only criticism of the whole evening was the £5 + service charge for a 500ml of water.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ztilb
HempelFandB, Food & Beverage Manager at No 35 Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Ztilb

Thank you for reviewing No. 35 Restaurant on Tripadvisor.

I was thrilled to learn you had a great meal with us. Our Head Chef Mike Carter has also read what you had to say and is delighted to hear that you rated his food so highly.

We compare our prices with other 5-star properties on a regular basis so I can assure you that what we charge for a bottle of mineral water is competitive with other luxury hotels in Central London.

Of course, we're also very happy to offer tap water on request.

In addition, it’s important for me to point out that Thirsty Planet –our mineral water supplier- has made a donation on your behalf to communities in Malawi for the 750ml bottle that you purchased at your recent visit to No. 35 Restaurant.

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I would like to say firstly the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Afternoon tea was served in the bar just left of the reception area. A warm and cosy atmosphere which made it very easy to relax. Afternoon tea was delicious especially the scones and cakes. Sandwiches were a little tiny but after eating the whole lot we found we didn't actually need anymore in addition to what was served. A lovely day out.

1 Thank Lucyb1076
Dear Lucyb1076

Thank you for taking the time to review our Afternoon Tea on Tripadvisor.

We take pride on the quality of our food and service so it means a lot to us when we manage to exceed the expectations of one of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hempel in the not too distant future.

London
“Excellent Service (slightly overbearing), good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Booked this through a Travelzoo voucher, booking went perfectly fine with a follow up call to confirm we were confirmed. Arrived on time, we were greeted by friendly staff and given a seat in the restaurant. We were asked if we wanted to have our cocktail drinks in the bar or the restaurant. We chose the restaurant as the bar looked full anyway. I read a few reviews before this one and realised that maybe they didn't want us to experience other clients plights of being forgotten in the bar.

Overall I would say the service was excellent (actually once or twice slightly overbearing, they asked us so many times if we were ready to order or for our next course and we just wanted to relax and take in the experience).

Our table was by the window and was actually slightly out the way of the other tables which almost made it private which we very much liked.

Our cocktails were actually very good and tasty (part of the deal).

My wife loved all her food, she had Duo of Gressingham Duck, Organic Rhug White Chicken, Hot Valrhona Chocolate Pudding. I had the Hand Dived Isle of Mull Scallops, Line Caught Halibut, Caramelised Fig Tart. Now the Scallops for me were slightly overdone, about 15 seconds worth so 2 out of 4 were perfect and the others slightly over but it was still an excellent disk. My Halibut was again on one side (weirdly enough) slightly overdone and the other perfect.

Out of the whole experience I would say everything was actually excellent and possibly the staff were compensating for some bad reviews previously but I would rather have over attentive staff than the opposite. My wife can be very critical about restaurants when you expect the best but she couldn't stop going on about how nice it was. We would actually consider returning as the hotel, location and experience was very good.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank popLondon
Dear popLondon

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience on Tripadvisor.

Our Travelzoo promotion has been very popular and the feedback we've received so far has been extremely positive. I’m delighted to know you're another guest who had a great dinner at No. 35 Restaurant.

I note your comments about the scallops and the halibut, which I’ve already shared with our kitchen team.

In terms of the attentiveness of our staff, I completely understand that whilst some guests gauge the quality of customer service by the satisfaction checks made through out their visit, others may prefer a more discreet approach.

It’s great to hear that we managed to exceed your wife’s expectations and you plan to return to No. 35 in the near future.

Best regards

Epping, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Delight”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Had a wonderful Afternoon Tea yesterday in the No 31 Lounge Bar at The Hempel Hotel. The food was lovely, delicious sandwiches, fresh scones and the cakes were a piece of art. Nice champagne, wonderful ambiance and surroundings, service was lovely too. Would highly recommend and I cant wait to go back. Book it, you will not be disappointed

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Audbee
Dear Audbee

Thank you for leaving a review for us on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn you had a lovely afternoon at The Hempel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our selection of pastries and are happy to recommend our Afternoon Tea to other Tripadvisor members.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.