“Straight Outta Kingston”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2016

For me to eat Caribbean food there are a couple of other things beside food that need to be in place: Jamaican beer and good reggae music playing. Negril had both.
Checking through the menu, we began picking out our dishes and went for a couple of sharing starters: Plantain with Saltfish & Ackee, and Saltfish Fritters, both dishes coming with a hot dip that was very hot. The plantain had just the right texture, soft but not too soft, and the fritters were good too, but we both decided the ackee was our favourite: flakes of tender fish in a nice, finely chopped, fresh salad.
For the main course we shared an Ital Stew, a Rastafarian dish that combines vegetables, pulses and spices and which was extremely flavoursome, with Sweet Potato Chips – crunchy, moreish little things – and Home Made Coleslaw; and the Curry Goat with Rice and Peas. The meat was really tender, and plentiful. In fact, so plentiful I had to ‘borrow’ some pumpkin and carrot from the Ital Stew to up the veg to meat ratio in my dish!
Negril is authentic and one of the best in the area.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Moland1799

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We decided to go local for a meal as we had received recommendation to go we decided to go to Negril.
I reserved a table online the day before and realised the next day that I had not received the confirmation email so I emailed again. Each time I got the message on screen confirming our booking. I decided to call before we left as I did not want any problems on arrival. The lady who answered the phone said the online system was not working, when I suggested that it should be updated to let guest know, she just shrugged it off! I did not like her attitude. Anyway the table was booked.
On arrival it was very busy and hot, it was a little difficult to work out who was staff. I spoke to a man in an apron who then seated us, but did not let other members of staff know we were there so I had to go and get menus. It seemed like no one had a clear role.
The food was amazing!! I come from a Caribbean background and know good food! 10/10 to the chef/s. I will be going again.

1  Thank SabrinaMG100
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly attentive staff and warm friendly atmosphere. The food was amazing and filling. Want to sit down and enjoy flavoursome Carribean food? Then this is the place. You will definitely leave here full.

1  Thank Andre J
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful food, the flavours, choice and portion sizes were spot on - I can still taste that amazing jerk chicken!

My one criticism (and its tiny), is to have larger cocktail glasses with more ice because on the hot day it was, they didn't stay cool for long.

Visit this place for sure, lovely friendly service too :)

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Adddyboy
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Food is really greasy and over priced. I've given this restaurant 3 chances and every time they've got my order wrong. Both takeaway delivery I ordered came wrong and no resolve was offered! Ordered food for 3 people and it came to £60 and not one of us enjoyed it! This is a shame as Caribbean food is cheap to make and there's a huge market for this type of cuisine in this area of London. Much better Caribbean restaurants/takeaways elsewhere so shop around people and don't waste your money here

1  Thank alunandspencer