“Keep trying......but always lets me down”
Review of The Manor Arms

The Manor Arms
Ranked #7,801 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I want to like the Manor Arms, as it is local to me, but every time I go here it is a letdown in one way or the other. On entering we were asked to pick our own table, which we did, and as I made my way to the bar the waitress came screaming after me saying that she would get our drinks order...a bit of an over reaction and possibly a bit aggressive? The charcuterie board was ok but some people would probably like butter served with it. Also apple chutney was a strange choice that did not really compliment the salami, chorizo and parma ham. My main of Lambs Rump, I was not asked how I wanted it cooked, but expected it to be pink..... was not, it was overcooked. The caponata accompanying it was lacking aubergines and the salsa verdi did nothing to compliment the dish. My wife's steak, asked for medium rare, was served medium and also was lacking in flavour. The only good point was the waiter who took over from the earlier waitress was at least friendly. The final insult was when asking for the bill......we were presented with somebody else's bill!! Will I try again??....maybe in another 6-12 months, when I have forgotten this experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went there for a Sunday lunch. Dog friendly which is important for us. The outside yard small but good no noise from the traffic, actually you have the feeling that you are not in streatham. The food amazing. We ordered the fish platter which was delicious. Main courses also great, dessert absolutely perfect. Staff very helpful and polite. Definitely we are going back. Excellent experience for sunny Sundays lunches!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Two for the price of one cocktail offer all night Fridays and Saturdays. Cocktails have to be the same (i.e. two mojitos, cosmos, etc) but really well made and plenty strong enough. Shared a Mediterranean platter with friends. Service was friendly but slow. Cocktail offer makes a cocktail evening with friends very affordable.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

They've got their prices in order but kept the food very, very good with this, their second refurb. Smart, inviting, friendly with great beer and service and an outstanding menu. there is nothing to complain about.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went for lunch and was bitterly disappointed. Terrible food. Burger was inedible & the fish and chips was awful - the fish was watery & the mushy peas were literally just some frozen peas mushed up a bit. The chips were below average but edible. My 4 year old son could have cooked this lot better. Needless to say, would never eat there again. Any chef worth their salt should be able to get this right. Very basic food!!