“If you like beer, there's no contest!”

and 1 more site!
King William IV Hotel & Bar
Ranked #313 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We've visited the William IV on previous occasions and have been impressed with the friendliness of both staff and locals. And that's before you start on the beer! Brodie's Brewery is on the premises, and produces some of the most stunning beers you will ever encounter.

As a result, we decided to stay for a few days. The bedrooms are fairly basic but totally adequate, all being en suite with the usual TV, tea and coffee making stuff etc etc. But the main selling point is that you're staying at a pub that brews its own excellent beers at ridiculously low prices. You really can't go wrong.

If you're having a few days in London, the pub is a short bus ride (or a 15-20 minute walk) to Walthamstow Central, where you can get the underground into central London.

Will we return? Absolutely!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew H

Reviewed 25 November 2013

On arrival the free parking turned out to be whatever you could find available on the street. I drove around for a while and finally managed to park in front of someone’s house on a side street and prayed that they would not damage my car overnight.
The bedroom was dire and had I had a choice I would have moved out there and then.
Despite there being many places to eat locally I ate in the pub. This was probably the best bit about my visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank impulsivearies
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed in the pub for 3 nights with my daughter - I must admit I was rather wary at the idea of staying there as I grew up in the area and so obviously know it well. After being quoted a ridiculously high price in the local hotel, I shopped around and chose this pub and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found - very large, comfortable rooms that were clean and equipped with the essentials for staying overnight, very helpful and friendly staff who did everything possible to try to make your stay pleasant. Separate access to your room if you don't want to go through the pub.

Room Tip: Not for a "luxury" seeking break but very good, value for money and a comfortable stay in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Giuseppe C
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a typical old English pub with accommodation. The pub is being is being renovated at the moment, this is not a negative as our room with en suite was clean and comfortable. The bed was a good size. The Publican and his wife were very nice and always helpful. Down stairs in the bar it gave one an inside to a good old English pub atmosphere. The train station was 10 minutes walk and the supermarket is right across the road. Would recommend this old style pub.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor with en suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We turned up to find the free parking was actually on the street and had you had to be off the parking space by 8.am, we checked in and the guy behind the bar was pleasant...not like the punters s my partner sneezed unexpectantly...of course he covered his mouth only to have explenatives from a man whom didn't even have the nerve to look me in the face when I asked what his problem is...not a nice area at all, felt quite unsafe. Got to our room and there were no curtains, just a see through office vertical blind with slats missing, and the noise from the street was as if I was on the street, there was no food on, which was one of the reasons I chose it along with the parking, we had to stack the spare beds and mattresses against the window to black it out...We did ask for some curtains and the member of staff didn't bother doing anything so saw the manager...whom just retorted "what did we expect for the price..well for £55 I would have expected curtains at least in the so called Luxury rooms. One good point was that it was very clean. Then to top it off upon my return home I have found that they have taken and extra £50 from my account for the privilege of using my initiative in order to get a good nights sleep. Keep well away as this seems to have happened before after reading the reviews on here..... no hospitality skills whatsoever.....

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Recently spent a week at the King William. If you're looking for luxury accommodations, this is not the place. But if you're looking for an affordable and clean place with a wonderful staff, you won't be disappointed here! Geoff and Emma-Jane were fabulous hosts and the amazing Brodie's Beers featured at the pub were an added bonus. The room was clean and comfortable, and although a bit outside of London, we found it very easy to get around on public transportation. There are plenty of affordable places to eat nearby, and the breakfast across the street at the Bakers Arms was delicious! You might think staying above a pub could get noisy, but it was never an issue. And the food at the pub was excellent and affordable. Overall, I would highly recommend a stay at the King William!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jvlv17
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had arrived in London to a serviced apartment that we had booked in Leyton, and when we arrived it was way below standard, so at 10pm on a Saturday night the first place we found was King William IV Hotel and Bar. We were welcomed by Jeff the owner and he was more than accommodating with our situation, we were offered a large double room, TV, en-suite, and one of the most comfortable beds ever!!! At a fantastic price!!

I can't say enough good things about this bar, we couldn't hear any noise from the bar itself, it was so clean and very well kept. Good internet wifi also.

I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!! 11 out of 10!!

Room Tip: Room 8 on the top level, lots of stairs but worth it for the size!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business