“Over priced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Blenheim Terrace - CLOSED

One Blenheim Terrace
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“Over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went with another couple on Saturday night. Parking not to bad, resturant only 1/2 full. Seated and given menus on a printed A4 sheet of paper. Approx 6 starters and 8 mains to order from. Choices for all I guess but not exciting. We chose grilled prawns, foie gars pate. Prawns tasted as if they had been grilled straight after a steak, only 3 per serving. Mains were grilled steak (chips £3 extra, WHY?), veal schnitzel and chicken. Steaks were cold and sent back. They came with a sauce that was curdled and inedible. Wine list was given, considering it only has a choice of 8 bottles of red wine it was a shame the one we wanted was not in stock. Desert was a little joke from the restaurant (not sure they realized). When you order scoops of ice scream I am sure said scoops are not scooped with a tea spoon when you charge that much for it. Anyway, we did not see the funny side of it. The bill came to £195 with service included (service was good but the restaurant was relatively empty). It felt like this place was short of a bob-or-two, way overpriced for what it is.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

London, England, United Kingdom
“Bad Choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went to this restaurant as I had heard their brunch was good.
Very disappointing. Various things were apparently off the menu when we arrived.
Omelette came with absolutely nothing else.
Butter, which we had to ask for, was rancid and tasted awful.
Hardly any other people there.
Disinterested staff with no one taking charge.
Will not go again
Not recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“good food spoilt by dessert.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

One Blenheim Terrace had been recommended to me several times by various friends, so thought i would check it out. Unfortunately i was disappointed. The restaurant itself is nice.. although it could use a bit of an update (chipped paint, old fixtures). The food was well priced and the menu had a good selection. The starters (prawns and whitebait) and main ( ravioli and lamb) were very good. However, when we asked for the dessert menu - we were told that the only dessert available that night were the crepes. my boyfriend had the nutella and strawberry crepe, i asked for the chocolate and banana crepe. when it came, my crepe was very dry with barely any filling and unmelted, cold chocolate. We politely pointed this out to the waiter who immediately took offence, offered no apology and no resolution to the situation. We said it wasn't a problem. a second waiter came over and apologised, saying that he would take the dessert off the bill. Our primary waiter stormed off and very loudly complained that he didn't understand what was wrong with it. He ranted repeatedly for a good 5 mins. This made us very uncomfortable - to the point where we just wanted to leave. I found this highly unprofessional and rude, when we had endeavoured to be polite. I definitely wouldn't return to this restaurant - a shame it didn't live up to its good name.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London
“Good food but................”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I received an email offering "40% discount at OBT for lunch or dinner form Tuesday to Saturday so I booked lunch for a girl friend and myself. there were only two other tables of diners.

To my shock I was charged and paid before I noticed this, £20 each for two courses costing from the A La Carte menu, £35.50 for the two of us plus water and two teas another £20. the bill for a soup and a small croquette and two raviolis, 2 teas and a bottle of water came to £60.75 with no discount added.

I will not be going back !

• Visited January 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

went there on amazon voucher for ten course tasting menu
booked 6 weeks in advance an a week before we where due to come for dinner got strange phone call checking when we want to come
on arrival we where given table the food start coming we ordered bottle of wine which didn't arrive have to ask again been promised ice bucket for the wine same again didn't come have to ask again sitting on top of empty plates for 20-25 minutes till we got up and asked one of the staff if they could take them!!
we sat in conservatory where the service was poor
but the inside of the restaurant didn't seem to have the same problem they were served by a very nice gentlemen with glasses.
so seem we where unfortunate because of the table they gave as!!

• Visited December 2013