“a surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Belsize Park Apartments
Ranked #129 of 838 Speciality Lodging in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“a surprise”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at these apartments. my partner had used them when staying in London for football events and I wasn't expecting much. we stayed in a double room with bathroom /ensuite. it was warm and recently refurbished. the bathrom was clean and smart and the kitchenette an added bonus. Recommended

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helen m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I've stayed here few times now, and even though it's not walking distance to Big ben or Regent street it's still a perfect location.
It's few minutes away from Hamstead heath and highstreet which is a lovely part of London. Not many tourists come here, so if you would like to see the real english part of London stay at the Belsize Park Apartments.
I should mention that it's 3 minutes away from the tube, which takes you 5 minutes to regent street.
The rooms are not beautiful, but they are clean and well preserved.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We have stayed at Belsize Park Apartments for the 2nd time in the past years. The communication with the owner, Marc, was easy and there was no need for deposits for the reservation (we paid cash at the end of our stay). We got exactly the same room as 4 years ago, and were pleasantly surprised to find out that it was renovated, including the furniture, the TV and the bathroom, which was nice and new.
There's no breakfast, however there are plenty of supermarkets and shops in the vicinity, and there's an equipped kitchenette in the room. The rooms are cleaned every day.
The property is in a nice and quiet neighbourhood. In 10 minutes of walking you will reach the Swiss Cottage tube station, and from there it's only 3 stops to Oxford st. There's also the Belsize Park tube, if you need to travel to the West End or the City.
We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Vladi D
Provence
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Due to family or work commitments I've often had to cancel a hotel room at the last minute. Most of the time I have the courtesy to warn the manager that I won't be arriving as scheduled and I understand that the first night at least should be paid for, whether you turn up or not.
Unfortunately it happened again today and I contacted Marc Rutter by e-mail, asking him how he wanted me to pay for the room as he won't accept credit cards and obviously I wouldn't be there to do it. He refused payment, saying it was all right and not to bother. I insisted and told him that should the room remain vacant due to my late cancellation I wanted to pay for it.
I really appreciated his attitude ; after all when you cancel a booking nothing prevents the hotel to let it to another guest even after debiting your credit card for the first night.
On top of the other reviews of people who *actually* stayed there I wanted to write a mock-review so to speak... I hope it will be accepted.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ConnecticutTiger
Seattle WA
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The apartment is large and beautifully maintained, the location is just about perfect (not urban London, but downtown is an easy tube trip and it's fun to have a "neighborhood" to come home to after a hectic day in the city). The owner, who from other web posts is apparently the highlight of many peoples' stay, was away and we didn't have a chance to meet her. I recommend the nearby Washington Pub also!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

great apartment, Belsize park is a great location to stay in and rooms are spacious. great. Clean accommodation with kitchen/bathrooom. would definitely recommend! Upmarket part of london to stay in, near to Camden.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
zagreb, croatia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We booked two apartments for two people. Both were excellent. Spacious, clean. Each apartment has a kitchen, your bathroom and bedroom.
We get an apartment for three persons, who has a gallery with single bed.
Clean it every day, every third change towels.Bathroom large.
The neighborhood is beautiful and peaceful. There are two metro stations Beslize Park and Swiss Cotage. Several bus stops. Well connected. It is located in zone 2. In the vicinity of Tesco store and a few others. Do Camden some 10 minutes on foot.
We booked by email. They do not require an advance, payable upon departure.

Room Tip: Apartment No. 6 on the first floor (double bed + single bed), excellent, and the apartment number 10...