“cheap nice stay”

Ranked #983 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Alexandria, Egypt
“cheap nice stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

the hotel is a two minute walk to the station and there's quite a few shops and fast food places (kfc, mcdonalds, subway) great for late nights after a day of sight seeing to be able to grab something and take to the room. The room was great, fridge, bed, tv, bathroom, the usual

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Mikheal A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This time I wanted to have cheap accommodation to be out for the Olympics and to have something to sleep in a nice area in London. I do not expect too much from a budget hotel. We paid a quite cheap rate. But I would never pay more for that room. Everything above 60 for a double room at this place is simply a rip off.

We got a room downstairs with the view off a courtyard which was dirty and only a bit daylight came in. Everything except the TV is old.

The bathroom is moldy everywhere. But I had to have a shower the next morning. That was the fastest ever.
The toilet lid was dirty - we just checked in. That was so disgusting!
Over night you could smell gas from the courtyard.
The duvet was a sheet and the double bed not a double bed you would expect in a hotel. It was far smaller.
There is no fresh air in the room at all (and no aircon)
You do not feel safe leaving your stuff in the room as the doors are very thin and to be honest, the locker is a joke. The fridge is rusty and from a different century.
Do not accept any room downstairs, it is awful!
Budget hotels nowadays are fancy and modern - premier inn or travelodge in terms of chains.
But this private one is not to recommend at all!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Y_and_M12

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Myself and 3 friends stayed here while visiting London for the wireless festival in Hyde Park. When we first arrived staff were friendly and allowed us to leave our luggage as we toured about before checking in. They said this was ok to do so before when i called and the luggage would be kept in a safe room. To my disappointment they had a space in the hall which we could leave them in. When we checked in we found our room on the top floor, it was dirty, the bed sheets did not smell fresh and only one very flat pillow for each person!, the kitchen comprised of 4 cups one of there handles was broken and one bowl.......the bathroom was clearly unclean, there was no shower curtain, no window to let steam whilst having a shower and the over head shower was only connected to the bath taps so the temperature was scalding and the pressure of it... it merely dripped! With no shower curtain the floor became dangerously slippery. So after we all managed to have a shower we requested a shower curtain as it was simply unacceptable. When we came back from dinner instead of fitting a shower curtain whilst we were there, they had already fitted one my friends and I felt unsettled that someone had been in our room and had the opportunity to go through our things. It was not bad weather so we decided to leave the window open to sleep and unfortunately it did not say open on its own. The very small Tv we couldn't get to go on, and on the second night it was raining a bit there was a huge crack in the ceiling which leaked all through the night on to one of the beds so at about 4 in morning when my friend was woken by this we had to shift the beds to one side, and as you can imagine we didn't want the hassle of getting up to complain or be moved at 4am especially with a long bus journey the night ahead. When we complained in the morning about all things wrong the person on the desk was abrupt and said he would need to check which was fair enough, when i went upstairs he said that we were lying about the window which clearly didn't stay open and the fact we had to get a curtain fitted, he also then went on to accuse me that we had purposely broke the Tv (which only went on because he had a remote!) and were just exaggerating ? the only thing that concerned him was the ceiling and said that it didn't leak, thankfully I had taken pictures to prove this but in the end, the only compensation we received was 30% off our second night which worked out at approx 8 pounds each, his attitude was awful and his service was worse, please everyone DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Keira M
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I arrived and the man on reception was very friendly, asked how I was, how my journey was. I asked for an iron and ironing board and he got it for me straight away and was happy to help. Rooms were good for price, very good amenities- I would recommend it to younger ppl on a budget. Excellent central location combined with quiet area for good sleep. Would come again

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank oi210
London
Reviewed 27 July 2012

no table and only one chair in the room for 4 .
windows not correct for the noise
damaged furnitures
+ 2% if you don't payed by cash, it' s not precised
bathroom is correct but no towel rail

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Pascal C
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I needed a cheap, convenient place for travel with my two younger (20-something) brothers. So, this place ticked all those boxes.

The staff was friendly enough, but you do have to pay an extra amount to use a credit card, which I wish I had known in advance. After all, if you're looking for cheap, every pence counts!

The location is perfect: just a short block away from the Earl's Court tube station and not too far from the Gloucester Rd. station. There are shops and markets close by, as well as a few pubs and restaurants.

However, the room (top floor quad) was not very clean (dusty, dirty carpets, dingy bathroom - BUT the beds and linens were clean) and the furniture and fittings were very run down. The bathroom is small, by any standard and the faucets were all a bit of a nightmare to use (very tricky to get the water temperature correct, ie, neither scalding nor freezing). The beds were not comfortable (mine was sloping at an angle) and the pillows were thin, flat discs.

There is a small "kitchenette" area with sink, microwave and kettle, but the kettle cord doesn't reach the outlet, so you have to boil the water with the kettle on one of the beds. No sponge or soap to wash the few cups provided. Fridge was adequate.

It is a shame, because it really is a great location (especially if you are heading off to Heathrow at the end of your stay - just hop on the Earl's Court Piccadilly line to your terminal). Just a little care for the room and better repaired furnishings would do wonders. I didn't expect pretty or fancy - just serviceable and clean with basic comforts (like a real pillow).

If you are on a budget in London, I wouldn't exactly say "stay away" if you are not fussy about the things I've mentioned above. I was disappointed in the room, but it got the job done for a decent price. The TV and satellite worked well, as did the wi-fi. I'd probably look for another option if I was in London and looking for cheap, convenient place again.

If you are young and on a budget, this place is probably fine. Just bring your cash to pay for the room!

I'm giving an "average" instead of "poor" for the great location, kitchenette, price for quad room and friendly & available staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Santa BArbara
Reviewed 28 June 2012

As I write this I am sitting in a sad excuse for a hotel room, my two kids are watching videos on the ipad because as others have stated the satellite hardly ever works and when it does there is no Nick Jr or other kid channels. There is also the usual cheap hotel issue of the "free wifi" cutting out all the time. But the TV is the only thing that looks new in this place. Our shower is simply black molded grout holding together cracked tiles. I mean just appalling and there is a hole in the tile wall, can't imagine the mold building up behind the wall. The shower is also in a closet literally. With 4 people we can hardly move in this "quadruple" room (what a joke) and if you are a big guy forget about the bathroom. I could go on and on, smashed bugs, all manner of fingerprints and filthy stains on the walls and baseboards, a filthy mattress underneath clean sheets (no mattress cover, just a sheet), stained pillow stuffings (mine smells like urine) and stained bedspreads, broken cabinet doors, dust and dirt galore on window sills, corners of the room. Paint peeling everywear except the three walls they painted each a different color. Toilet doesn't flush properly you litterally can't get a poo turd to go down! I feel like I am in a cave and praying there are no bedbugs to crawl into our suitcases and ruin the rest of our trip and lives. Yes, the man at front desk is more than nice, but I am always suspicious of people who are overly nice, saying they love Americans. I feel like it is being shined on because they know this place is a dump and are hoping we won't complain. We did ask for the room to be cleaned two days ago when we arrived and the shower had dirt and hair in it. Still has not been cleaned. I had to go out and buy our own toiet paper and bathroom cleaner. Luckily the vacuum cleaner fell out of the unlocked cleaning supply closet that is outside our room door so I was able to do a covert job with it. We also asked to be moved into a different room and they guy said he would ask the manager and never got back to us. All in all we are paying $160 a night for what is at best a youth hostel, but really worse than that. The only redeeming feature is that is it conveniently located. Oh yes and if you book through a website and plan to pay with a credit card upon arrival they will charge you and extra 3% for credit card use AND take your passport number which always makes me suspicious. Just don't go here and be miserable and disappointed unless you are a backpacking teenager who doesn't care. PS maybe you could get lucky with the room with the new bathroom, but i would not take the chance because the alternative is well just very bad luck indeed.

Room Tip: don't go in the basement rooms.