“excellent hotel for families”

and 1 more site!
37 Collingham Place London
Ranked #978 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel for families”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

i have stayed in the hotel with my family and we had a very nice time ,the hotel has a very good location,the room we have stayed in it is big clean and with a nice view........room 9
very nice staff and very helpful
and they sell cheap tickets for sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Ashraf G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I kid you not. we stayed there in July, 6 of us in all. 3 kids and 3 adults and I went to the hospital with our 7 year old as she was vomiting profusely. The next night it was the other 2 kids turns and then the final night mum's turn.

I suffered also but not as bad so out of 6 of us 5 came down with this.

What made it worse was that although the manager was nice and helpful when I was asked what he should do I was fuming. He asked ME what he should do...?

To top it off another child in the hotel went to hospital and a further 3-4 rooms suffered the same fate.

If they had simply cleaned the rooms properly this could have been avoided.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE Unless you are looking to cut your stay short.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank What-No-Website

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 19 August 2012

the hotel is a two minute walk to the station and there's quite a few shops and fast food places (kfc, mcdonalds, subway) great for late nights after a day of sight seeing to be able to grab something and take to the room. The room was great, fridge, bed, tv, bathroom, the usual

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Mikheal A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This time I wanted to have cheap accommodation to be out for the Olympics and to have something to sleep in a nice area in London. I do not expect too much from a budget hotel. We paid a quite cheap rate. But I would never pay more for that room. Everything above 60 for a double room at this place is simply a rip off.

We got a room downstairs with the view off a courtyard which was dirty and only a bit daylight came in. Everything except the TV is old.

The bathroom is moldy everywhere. But I had to have a shower the next morning. That was the fastest ever.
The toilet lid was dirty - we just checked in. That was so disgusting!
Over night you could smell gas from the courtyard.
The duvet was a sheet and the double bed not a double bed you would expect in a hotel. It was far smaller.
There is no fresh air in the room at all (and no aircon)
You do not feel safe leaving your stuff in the room as the doors are very thin and to be honest, the locker is a joke. The fridge is rusty and from a different century.
Do not accept any room downstairs, it is awful!
Budget hotels nowadays are fancy and modern - premier inn or travelodge in terms of chains.
But this private one is not to recommend at all!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Y_and_M12
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Myself and 3 friends stayed here while visiting London for the wireless festival in Hyde Park. When we first arrived staff were friendly and allowed us to leave our luggage as we toured about before checking in. They said this was ok to do so before when i called and the luggage would be kept in a safe room. To my disappointment they had a space in the hall which we could leave them in. When we checked in we found our room on the top floor, it was dirty, the bed sheets did not smell fresh and only one very flat pillow for each person!, the kitchen comprised of 4 cups one of there handles was broken and one bowl.......the bathroom was clearly unclean, there was no shower curtain, no window to let steam whilst having a shower and the over head shower was only connected to the bath taps so the temperature was scalding and the pressure of it... it merely dripped! With no shower curtain the floor became dangerously slippery. So after we all managed to have a shower we requested a shower curtain as it was simply unacceptable. When we came back from dinner instead of fitting a shower curtain whilst we were there, they had already fitted one my friends and I felt unsettled that someone had been in our room and had the opportunity to go through our things. It was not bad weather so we decided to leave the window open to sleep and unfortunately it did not say open on its own. The very small Tv we couldn't get to go on, and on the second night it was raining a bit there was a huge crack in the ceiling which leaked all through the night on to one of the beds so at about 4 in morning when my friend was woken by this we had to shift the beds to one side, and as you can imagine we didn't want the hassle of getting up to complain or be moved at 4am especially with a long bus journey the night ahead. When we complained in the morning about all things wrong the person on the desk was abrupt and said he would need to check which was fair enough, when i went upstairs he said that we were lying about the window which clearly didn't stay open and the fact we had to get a curtain fitted, he also then went on to accuse me that we had purposely broke the Tv (which only went on because he had a remote!) and were just exaggerating ? the only thing that concerned him was the ceiling and said that it didn't leak, thankfully I had taken pictures to prove this but in the end, the only compensation we received was 30% off our second night which worked out at approx 8 pounds each, his attitude was awful and his service was worse, please everyone DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Keira M
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I arrived and the man on reception was very friendly, asked how I was, how my journey was. I asked for an iron and ironing board and he got it for me straight away and was happy to help. Rooms were good for price, very good amenities- I would recommend it to younger ppl on a budget. Excellent central location combined with quiet area for good sleep. Would come again

• Stayed April 2012