“Short stay”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #482 of 1,068 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a good location close to train and bus stations. It is well presented and is maintains a high class standard. The staff are excellent. Special mention to jekaterina and Andre for being very friendly and always willing to help with anything. The breakfast is delicious full buffet with lots of variety.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in London. I would definitely stay again :)
Well done :)

• Stayed July 2014
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Bee654,

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always do our outmost to ensure our guests experience memorable stays.

I will share your comments with our team in special Jekaterina and Andre, they will be delighted to see that you are happy.

Hope see you very soon.

Best Regards,

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Didn't feel like 4 star. Staff pleasant. Facilities basic. OK for a short business trip. The lift broke down and I was staying on the 6th floor, so the staff let me use the service lift which was an interesting experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Tony E.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Kensington, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Kensington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Lincoln
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stopped at this hotel for 2 nights whilst working nearby at Olympia.

A 2 night stay for a single room with breakfast cost £330 though a booking website. I thought this was expensive based on the size of the room.

Check-in was quick and easy at the hotel, however they did insist on taking an imprint of my card as well as PIN authorisation.

I had a single room on the 3rd floor. The room was fairly small, with about 12 inches between the end of the bed and the wall, but it was a nice clean room with a small double bed. Perfectly comfortable for one.

The bathroom was clean and tidy with a wealth of complimentary amenities.

On the first night there were 2 complimentary mints on my pillow, along with ear plugs (for outside noise) and a tea/coffee selection. Unfortunately none of the mentioned was replenished on the 2nd night - which is a shame as the price paid should include this.

There was also a small work desk and LCD TV with freeview channels. A/C was also fairly effective.

Room service menu basic and quite expensive, but there are a number of restaurants within a couple of minute walk from the hotel, along with a Sainsburys supermarket.

I only ate breakfast on the 2nd day, as the restaurant doesn't open before 7am and I needed to leave earlier on the first day.

Although it is a buffet breakfast, served in heated containers, I found the food to be luke-warm which was a disappointment. Good selection of food, but would have been 100% better if hot.

Wouldn't necessarily return as I don't think the price paid reflected experience received.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear LincolnAndrew ,

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The location is good and near many restaurants and shops at Earl's Court and underground station . The room was good and everything I needed was there. Internet is fast enough to serve anything. However, I had only one issue as they requested to authorize 50 pounds from my card and it was strange as I haven't been requested anything like that before at Mercure or Accor Hotels

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Ahbannaga,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location ideal.

Kind regards,