“what we expected”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #508 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“what we expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My sister and I had a double room. It was big enough, I had smaller rooms in other Hotels in London which were more expensive. The room faced the main road, but it was not too noisy.The location between two tube stations was perfect for us, everything we wanted to visit we could reach easily. The staff was very polite and helpful, even when we arrived early on sunday morning and the room was not ready. As other reviewers said already, the breakfast was the usual hotel buffet and absolutely enough to beginn a day of sightseeing. We would come back the next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Christina F.,

Many thanks for your great review.

My team and I are delighted to see that your enjoyed your stay with us.

We are grateful for your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Kindest Regards,

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Possibly the smallest hotel room I've ever had the misfortune to stay in. Hot and airless, no opening window and the main function of the air on seemed to be to keep you awake.
Small bar, unable to pour the draft beer. Bar food looked unappealing.
However, staff friendly, efficient and courteous. Breakfast good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Herdheba2,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to see that your experience did not meet to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our standards of sercice and our dedication to assist at any time.

When it comes to the room size, some of our rooms ar indeed very compact. We do however, have a range of room types from small doubles to king executice. My suggestion for future stays would be to book one of our executive rooms as they are very spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

I hope you not judge us for that matter only on this experience and that you will be inclined to use our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Hotel is located within walking distance of 2 tube stations. It is very convenient. The room we had was just a double. My wife and I spend very little time in the hotel apart from sleeping and showering. If you spend a lot of time in the hotel, this one may not be for you. The staff are polite, courteous and are willing to help you in whatever way they can. Breakfast was the usual hotel buffet, nothing really outstanding, but more than enough to get your day started. Again the staff in the breakfast room were fantastic, and couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren T
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Darren T.,

Many thanks for your review about your stay with us. We do appreciate your time and effort for this.

We do hope to see you again next time you are traveling and staying in London.

Kind Regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night during a business trip in london, and I found the room extremely small and I was awaken several times by the noise of room doors being slammed. Even with ear plugs it's very difficult to sleep

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank antoare
Dear Antoare,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Kensington, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Kensington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Duty Manager

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked this room to plan a romantic getaway with my husband. I precisely asked for a spacious room and/ or a room with a view. This request was completely ignored because we were given the EXACT opposite! Not only was the room on the 5th floor, the floor at which the lift DIDN'T stop (due to technical problems... but why wasn't I given a room on the 4th or 6th floor???); the room had a window looking out onto the back of the hotel... of a noisy, construction site with builders everywhere, and the room... well, to walk past the bed you had to turn and walk sideways and scrape along the wall (only for slim-jims!)! Or, for the more nimble-bodied we could alternatively jump on and over the bed to get from the wardrobe to the bathroom. I, personally, have never stayed in such a ridiculously small and cramped hotel room. And the hotel calls that a double room?? 4 star??? Unbelievable. Conveniently located near Earls Court Station though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redclementine
Dear redclementine,

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in July after a night in an appalling hotel the night before. Fabulous on the inside both in reception and the rooms. Surprising as it didn't look that great on the outside. Staff are friendly and very polite, breakfast was superb too. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Anthony M
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Anthony M.,

A big thank you for your great review.

I always heard "never judge a book by its cover". My team and I feel very satisfy to read that you are happy and enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again and make your stay as pleasant your last.

Best Regards,