“Great food, great presentation, great stuff”

The Village Kitchen
Ranked #946 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great presentation, great stuff”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Came to have dinner with family friends, ordered the pork belly. Good presentation, great taste - seemed to be four layers, crispy skin, belly, meat, and soft cartilage! Great experience.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Yan Lap C

London, United Kingdom
“I really liked this place! A Walthamstow Gem!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a wonderful find! From the outside you would have no idea that there was a total gem of a restaurant inside. The service is brilliant from the moment you walk in. We went on a Monday night and while there were plenty of tables available, there were a lot of people there, yet the service was not compromised in the slightest. The restaurant is laid out beautifully and has quite a classy feel which is nice. The menu is vast with lots of delicious looking options. I had the chicken dish which was really nicely cooked, plenty of side veges to tuck into and great flavours. My man had the pork belly which was cooked very well, but the crackle was a bit tough which made it difficult to eat. The mash and jus were delish. We didn't have dessert but they did bring out a jar of lollies with the bill which was a really lovely touch. We'll certainly be back!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank KiaOraKiwi
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect wedding venue”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I were married earlier this year and as we love the Village Kitchen AND know how well run and organised it is, we decided to hold the meal after the ceremony there. From first booking, Hanna and Spiros were outstanding with planning the meal and wine we would have. What made this so perfect was the flexibility they offered, many weddings have a meat or vegetarian option for their guests, we were able to offer a wide choice of dishes for starters, mains and desserts and this went down a treat with our guests.

The evening went beautifully, the service went like clockwork with everyone receiving their chosen dishes together and the feedback from everyone about the food was fantastic... My wife and I are very grateful to the restaurant for making the evening so enjoyable and well organised. If you are considering where to have your wedding reception, I would strongly recommend speaking to Hanna and Spiros, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank dickted
“Wasn't impressed...”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I moved from Walthamstow when I was 25 having lived there all of my life. The Village is therefore a place I know very well - my parents still live nearby.

Given the strides forward the Village area has made in recent years, we decided to visit for lunch on Saturday.

After a quick comparison between the Village Kitchen and Eat17 menus, we settled on the former, drawn particularly by the tasty-sounding all day breakfast.

A warm welcome and a relaxed, if a little dark, atmosphere greeted us, which was a good start.

Having ordered the breakfast (though this was at
lunchtime) we settled back with our drinks in hungry antipiciation.

After a too-good-to-be-true short time our food arrived. First impressions - chic. However, to my disappointment, chic did not translate to tasty or quality or...worth it.

The serving was small, whuch could be forgiven if the food was amazing - it was not. One rasher of bacon was clearly pre-cooked, nearing cold and dry. Ditto the one sausage. Best quality award went to the baked beans, which frankly is saying something. The price didn't help this go down any better either...

Overall, ideal location, excellent opportunity ti thrive, chic design and apporach but lacking that key factor that sets the best food establishments from the rest...decent food. A shame.

• Visited July 2014
“Great place”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have not been here for a few years will not leave it so long the food was great the staff were very friendly service was good... would recommend a visit.

• Visited July 2014