“Nothing good lasts forever...”
Review of Sasa Sushi

Sasa Sushi
Ranked #2,461 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Salvadoran
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This WAS my favourite local sushi place and I got delivery and dined there as well.
However, the size of pieces of sushi has dropped dramatically (with a new chef) and prices have stayed the same.
What a shame.

1  Thank Andy P

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went for a light pre-theatre meal on a Saturday night. We booked at 5:30 for 6:30pm and it was almost fully booked then. The assorted suchi and sachimi sets are excellent if a little expensive, and green tea is preferable to wine (and cheaper). We also tried "Chinese sea salad" which was interesting but not to everyone's taste. Certainly Sasa Suchi deserves its excellent reputation.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Amazing food!! Even though they were closing after lunch they still served us! Beautiful sushi and really tasty hot food too! There was so much on the menu we wanted to try! Can't wait to go back x

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Went here after recommedations from Friends.

The place was very modern and bright. The place isn't big so it's best to go early.

For Starters:

we got the fried tofu, this was excellent and just done to perfection, soft and yet crispy on the outside. Not overly done in like in other places.

Mains:

We got a mixture of several platters and soft shell crab rolls, all were done just nice and the presentation was good. The seafood was fresh and the soft shell crab was divine.

Desert:

I would recommend the red bean icecream, this really made my day

Service:

Was pretty standard, making sure your tea was topped up and clearing yoru table. Albeit it was quiet on a Saturday afternoon.

Total bill came to around £90 with 2 green teas, it's not cheap but you certainly paid for what you get. It is comparable to Roka, only alot more variety in terms of sushi. I would certainly come here again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Knowing that the owner is Vietnamese, I didn't expect much but I was surprised because of the sushi here! They are all freshly made and tasty. Service was quite good as well. There are a lot of things on the menu that me and my friends had a hard time choosing what to have. However other than sushi, everything else was quite normal. I had tempura soba but it wasn't the soba noodle. I'd recommend you to have the plum's wine (umeshu) here with some ice, very Japanese!