“An OKay hotel, don't expect too much.”

Airways Hotel Victoria London
Ranked #40 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

chose a 4 bed room for my family.
hasn't got much choice just 1 month before the trip.
the room is small with a bit strange smell.
brought up 4 heavy suit cases up the the second floor, but feel kind of lucky for a open view outside the window (compare with the lower floors.)
the staff at the desk was quite nice actually.
and the location is just 5 minute walk from the Victoria rail/tube/coach station.
the cleanliness was just fine but don't forget the strange smell anyway.

overall it's a OKay hotel but just don't expect too much about it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank WunaiChen
General M, General Manager at Airways Hotel Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry to read we provided an adequate service but not one that surpassed your expectations. I am also concerned about this 'smell'. If you could get in touch about what room you were staying in I can look into it further as I have not received a complaint about this before. My email address is GM@airways-hotel.co.uk.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Sanchit Patel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here for one night during our two-day jaunt through London. The three of us only needed two beds, but we were given a room that would've normally accommodated a queen-sized bed and perhaps a single bed by the window. However, they decided to jam in two more single beds into the room. Three people, four beds. Well, we certainly had our pick! The room was clean, and the bathroom was small but functional.

The continental breakfast was adequate, though it certainly isn't the "English" breakfast that you've heard so much about. Croissant, roll, ham, cheese, coffee, tea, cereal, yogurt, and canned ("tinned") fruit cocktail: That's about the extent of it. It won't stave off hunger for long, but it's free.

Since there wasn't an elevator, I'm glad we only had to go up one flight of stairs to our room.

During our two days, we saw two clerks at the reception desk. One was super friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, his counterpart had almost unintelligible English, and I've spent my entire life among English-as-a-second-or-third-language speakers.

We didn't have a power adapter, and it seemed a shame to purchase one for our short stay. The room came equipped with a EU-to-UK adapter, and I asked the reception desk if they had a US-to-UK adapter that I could borrow for the night. They did! Huzzah!

The wireless connection is also very fast.

The check-out time is quite early (10:30), but they'll stow your bags until 6pm, and if you show up early, like we did, they'll also stow your bags until the 1:30 check-in time.

This certainly wasn't fancy, but it was close, clean and convenient.

Room Tip: Watch out for the hand soap! It jets out of the container at a high speed and right on to your shir...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank misangeles

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We do aim to provide a good service with comfortable accommodation and I am happy to read we succeeded in some aspects. I will look into the points you have raised and would like to thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I hope you will consider staying at the Airways Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

On the plus side - the hotel is literally 5 mins walk from Victoria train station and 2 mins from the coach station, with plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. Also, the rooms are fairly clean, and the staff are friendly.

On the minus side, the rooms are very small, particularly the 'basic' single - it's literally a single bed in a cupboard off a landing, with a shared toilet on the ground floor and a tiny shower on the floor above. OK for one night, but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

Having said that, I only paid £50 for a Friday night so I suspect I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Airways Hotel Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We do aim to provide comfortable accommodation with a quality service and I am very sorry to read we did not succeed this time. Our basic room is just that and is designed for those looking for a comfortable nights sleep. I am sorry this was not to your standards.
I do hope however that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we may reinstate your faith in our hospitality.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed for one night here on our way to France and it was a nice clean room with a tiny bathroom. Breakfast was included and adequate and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Good location and woul consider using t again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simpsob

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
I am very pleased to read you were happy with your stay at the Airways Hotel and that you would consider staying with us again.
Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were attracted by it due to its strategic location: very close to Victoria coach station and Victoria rail station. There are also many small restaurants in the vicinity that operate until late night.

What we did not know or failed to notice when booking the hotel was that the room had no airconditioner, a big no-no in the summer heat. So we ended up opening the old deteriorated window as wide as we could, which was only less than 10 cm. We had no choice, as we already reserved and paid for 4 nights.

You must carry your own luggage upstairs, or you can leave it at ground floor open storage at your own risk.

The receptionists were helpful in providing maps and information.

I am not sure whether or not this was a case of "you get what you pay for", but if given a chance, I would not have stayed more than one night. So, if you want to stay in this hotel, do yourself a favour, book one night first and then see whether you want to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We arrived to a not so friendly reception, after being allocated to our room, my mother and I and had to carry our overseas suitcases ourselves up 6 flights of stairs without any suggestion to help us (or my mum).
When we opened the room there was a strong smoke smell (in a non smoking room) and a leak in the roof that had leaked onto the bed. So I went all the way back down the stairs to let them know and ask for another room and they were not surprised and mentioned they only thought it was leaking down the wall. We requested another room and they were reluctant to change us, they finally allocated us another room on the bottom floor. We had to go back up the 6 flights of stairs and get our OWN bags and carry them down stairs again. Not even an apology for the room or anyone to help us with our bags.
New room was on bottom floor near a loud entry way, dirty towels, black hair on the sheets and a strong bleach smell from the bathroom.
The only good thing about this Hotel is the Location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Receptionist is very bad!After he helped me carried the luggage upstair he ask me a hug!I was thought it's a friendly hug but he let me felt disgust and uncomfortable!!!And he didn't gave me any map or hotel's address card!And the room it very bad!Room and Toilet and shower place all in different floor!Although I paid the money but I don't care!I changed the hotel in the end!!!I won't recommend it!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo