“it used to be better”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #24 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 April 2011

When I stayed there last year - almost at the same time of the year, I got the best impression ever. Unfortunatelly this time i collected a lot of dissapointness...if it wasn't for an employee on our last day, i would say, our stay was close to a disaster if you thik about the costXbenefit relation. For sure I would chekc other option next time

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LuSeabra
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I am sorry to read you were not satisfied with your last stay and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.
I would like to have the pleasure to talk with you about the issues you have through. My personal e-mail is: h3144-am@sofitel.com .
I look forward to your feedback and once again I am very sorry.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed at the Sofitel for our anniversary and had a very enjoyable experience. Not our first visit as we try and stay at this hotel whenever we are staying in London as it is in the centre of the city with excellent amenities

Room Tip: Use your A Club card when you can
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We were very happy to welcome you for your anniversary.
I look forward to your next visit, very soon I hope.
Area General Manazger

Reviewed 7 April 2011

everything was perfect: service, rooms, location, etc.

Room Tip: The luxury room was perfect: view, space, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear SIr,
I thank you for such rewarding a feedback. We do our utmost to be "perfect" for our guest.
I look forward to your next stay at the Sofitel London St James.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

This HOtel is just what we need:
SO Welcoming
SO Helpful team
SO Clean
SO great location
SO SPA SO UNIQUE
SO FIT
SO HAPPY place
will be back

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS ARE GREAT and THE BEDS ARE JUST PERFECT
Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear Madam,
I am very happy that my whole team has fulfilled your expectations.
It will be a joy for us to welcome you back in the near future, I hope.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

This wonderful hotel is a very nice place of quietness in the middle of the city and close to all attractions. I really recommend it, as one of the best place to stay is you want to be at walking distance of all nice places to visit and shop in London. Very good breakfast.
The Sofitel "My Bed" is great, like being at home in an extremely comfortable bed. You need to try it at least once.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, no outside noise
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your positive feedback.
Indeed our Chef prouds himself to use only the freshiest seasonal products for each and every dish prepared in the kitchens hence so tasty.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels has implemented MyBed which takes you to sleep among two cloudy layers.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel London St James and look forward to the next time.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

My partner and I spent 4 nights at this hotel during our vacation. Wonderful location and beautiful hotel which is right in the middle of London. Walking to St. James Park, Talfager Sq, SoHo and the west end were major pluses! The room was perfect for our stay. We upgraded to a Luxury room which was on the top floor. Nice view, very clean. We were able to check in early at 11 AM which was nice after a long flight from the States. There was no coffee/espresso machine in our room when we checked in, but once I requested it on our way out for dinner, a wonderful automatic espresso machine was set up and ready on the desk when we returned. We dined in the restaurant only for breakfast, which was expensive but definitely worth it. All you can eat British/American buffet and cook to order which was a perfect breakfast/brunch to get the day started kind of meal.
The only non wonderful experience we had at the hotel was with the Concierge, Guillaume. When we mentioned we didn't have reservations one night he was outright snooty about it. He was not very friendly and then later forget one of our dinner reservation requests the last evening.
Overall, we were extremely pleased. Definitely will stay here again next time in town.

Room Tip: Book throught the hotel website, top floor
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Austinguytexas
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We had an initial mishap when the upgraded room I requested wasn't available for the first night. It took a little while but everything was sorted out by 11AM the next day. The hotel staff were very accomodating and tried to make it right. Needless to say we enjoyed our stay at the St James. The centalized location was great for day trips within the city. The staff were very attentive at the Brasserie Roux and the breakfast and dinner were quite nice. We ended up having to check out early because the streets were being blocked off due to a St Patricks parade. No worries, everything ended well even with the rough start.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I am glad you had an enjoyable experience at the Sofitel London St James.
I thank you for your complimenting my whole team. I will share your positive feedback with them as well as with the Chef who is very proud to use only the freshiest products on the market to prepare all the dishes.
I hope your next stay with us will be very soon.