“Superb Comfort”

Ranked #27 of 1,089 Hotels in London
UK
“Superb Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

My sister and I had a wonderful stay at the very central & ultra comfortable Sofitel. A slight hiccup at start over rooms was quickly resolved by Sally Ann , Duty Manager. A lovely hotel that prides itself on service and we agree!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Gloucs
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Dear Sir,

We were extremely glad to surprise you and your sister for her 70th birthday. We love to indulge each and every guest and even more on special occasions as this one as every guest is very special for us.

I thank you for quoting us as “a true gem in London City” which made me very proud of my team.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed sleeping on MyBed, a unique concept imagined by SOFITEL Luxury Hotels to bring guests the experience of spending nights like sleeping on smooth clouds.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sofitel London St James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Great location-yes
Great Service-yes, yes. They saw me arrive from an early morning walk(in gym clothes) and greeted me with a tray containing a towel, water and a power bar. That is over the top!
Food-very good. Went to a pre-theater meal they offered(for 20 pds-a bargain in and of itself)and it was one of the best meals we had in london.
Irritants(hence the lack of 5 stars)-sundries were not refreshed prior to our arrival so we had to ask for lotion, conditioner etc. Even the coffee was barren. Shower door was stuck shut, drains wouldn't seal. We even had masking tape around the bathroom door molding from a prior paint job?A last irritant..sorry...the receiver for the remote control is located in such a spot that makes it difficult to control unless you are in the 'magic spot' which was very hard to find sometimes.
Don't let these minor things deter the wonderful attitude the entire staff had to serve. I would stay there again in a heart beat. They just need some attention to the 'behind the curtain' things.

Great wifi that is free! kudos to a high end hotel for learning this service lesson!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Hobiz2
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear Sir,

I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding some maintenance issues you had been going through during your stay. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Please note that we are constantly upgrading our fittings in view of improving our overall guest satisfaction.

Once again thank you for your feedback. At Sofitel London St James we pride ourselves in offering a high level of service, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you when you next visit London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London St James.

Drobak, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

After staying in many hotels in London over a number of years, we decided to try Sofitel St. James. The location is ideal, close to everything. The service is exquisite. The rooms are clean and inviting. We will come again and again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for opting for the Sofitel London St James when you last were in London.

I am very pleased that on this occasion we have met your expectations regarding high standards of service.

I hope that from now on the Sofitel London St James will be your "place to be" in London.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Located in a convenient place to vosit London (very closed to Picadilly Circus station).
Beautiful hotel with e very professionnal service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bd75004
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for your positive feedback and mention of our high standards.
I look forward to your next visit to Sofitel London St James.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location, very comfortable room and fantastic bed. They forgot to deliver the newspaper I had requested on both days, minor detail but for a luxury hotel details matter. Would recommend to anyone traveling on business or pleasure.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Sir,

I thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you have pretty much enjoyed your stay at Sofitel London St James. Indeed Sofitel Luxury Hotels has implemented a unique bed concept called MyBed allowing guests to feel like sleeping on smooth clouds.

Please rest assured I took the appropriate action to address the issue with the newspaper in order to avoid any future occurences.

I thank you for recommending Sofitel London St James to the net surfers who will read your comment.

I am looking forward to your next visit in order for us to offer you our undivided attention.

Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

i've recently visited london for 5 days and i had the plaisure of staying in st.james sofitel,london.this hotel is one of the best hotels i've been, and me and my husband travel a lot and stayed in many hotels.First of all you can't beat the location,in the centre of everything in london,picadilly, circus leciester square, tralfagar square, big ben,london eye, all of them a short walk from the hotel... the hotel its self is very fine,delecate could say, fine flowers in front desk (where Helene will do everything to help you with the biggest smile),the rooms spacious and clean with lots of amenities( the cleaning ladies are quiet and efficant), the breakfast is a whole new experience when you are served by Cristopher, the food is excellent, everyone is looking after you, like Casha(sorry if i don't remember it exactly)and the coffee is delicious.I could go on for many more details but believe the hotel and its people are worth it... go for it...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,

I thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience you have had at Sofitel London St James.

I have shared your feedback with my team and in particular with Hélène, Christophe, and Kasha. Your comment truly served as an encouragement to all of the staff as we strive to provide a high quality of service to all of our guests.

I look forward to your next visit to Sofitel London St James.

Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

mentioned to Sofitel, the coffee at breakfast was very weak nd wwe sent back also the toaster must have been 10 years old!! they said the new one had broken down.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding your coffee and toasts. Please note that we serve "ristreto' coffee on demand only.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and that the staff was very helpful.

I thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London St James soon.