Sofitel London St James
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
4,340 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endrain showerfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The location is great, the rooms comfortable, but what makes Sofitel stand out is the friendliness and competence of the staff. The hotel is exceptionally well run, and the traveler will regret departing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

I thank you for your positive feedback.

My team and I are most grateful for your compliments regarding our friendliness and efficiency. Indeed we have a passion for our guests and interact with them in a very genuine way. Your satisfaction related to our high standard of service is our best reward.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Sofitel London St James.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

this was our second stay at the Sofitel St James and we went back because we were so happy with the first visit. Well, it was even better- an excellent location and great staff. The entire team went out of their way to help, and the new bar/restaurant complex is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

I thank you for your positive feedback.

I was delighted to read your satisfaction regarding our high standard of service. We do our utmost to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad we have achieved our aim once again.

I look forward to your third visit at Sofitel London St James. The team at The Balcon and St James Bar will be pleased to serve you.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Visited in August for a week. Excellent location. Close to Picadilly, Trafalgar Square, St James Park......but very quiet.
Very elegant old building from the outside; completely renovated inside. Good size room, very comfortable bed, excellent bathroom.
Excellent service.
Restaurant was closed for renovation but breakfast was available. Very expensive so we elected to go nearby to ''Prêt à Manger'' and it was perfect.
Music in the reception area every evening.
An excellent boutique hotel when you are visiting London.
P.S. Go to a concert at St Martin-in-the-Fields. Fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucl_10
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

I thank you for your positive feedback.

Indeed we are centrally located in the very heart of London however in a quiet place. This is convenient for tourist as well as for business purposes.

What made me really proud of my team is the "excellent service" provided to you. Your satisfaction is our reward.

We have opened our new restaurant called The Balcon as well as the St James Bar. This will be an excellent occasion for you to come back to Sofitel London St James.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this luxury hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The breakfasts were expensive but worth every penny. The location of this hotel is the most perfect imaginable for tourists- walking distance to lots of sights, restaurants, theatres, beautiful St James Park and Buckingham Palace, and the Piccadilly tube station. This is also the quietest hotel we've ever stayed in, so we had no trouble sleeping. The Sofitel made our 10 day London vacation really fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

I thank you for your positive feedback.

It is a great pleasure to read positive comments like yours regarding the high level of service provided to our guests. It is for us a true reward as we genuinely love to indulge our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London St James in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Exceptional Service, excellent rooms and amenities, and fantastic location. I have stayed at this hotel 6+ times/year for the last two years. Service is consistent and they genuinely go above and beyond to support the needs of their guests. The location is unbeatable - St. James Park, Green Park, Soho, Piccadilly, Trafalgar, and much more all within an easy walk. Food is excellent, including the room services. It's pricey, but one of the few 5star hotels where I really feel like i get value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for such positive a feedback.

It was a real pleasure to read you. At Sofitel London St James we pride ourselves in providing a high standard of service and I am glad this was at your convenience. We cannot help indulging all of our guests.

We have opened our new restaurant called The Balcon. On your next visit you will be able to enjoy a fine cuisine in a magnificent atmosphere.