Sofitel London St James
US$222
US$316
US$306
  • Pool
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
4,367 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endrain showerfive star hotel
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Me and my wife had the pleasure to stay in the Sofitel St James. The service was perfect. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The Sofitel beds and linen are well known by most of the regular customers of the Sofitel and they give you the best night you can have outside of your home.
We tested the fitness room which really was well equipped with nice touches like a water fontain and the current newspapers
We also stay at the bar for dinner and the food was excellent and again the service was perfect.
The location of the Sofitel is very convenient on Waterloo Pl and not far from the shopping area

So in few words we had an excellent experience with the Sofitel St James

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

The whole team and I thank you for taking the time to mention your perfect experience at Sofitel London St James.

As a matter of fact we love our guests and cannot help indulging all of them.

I can tell that once again Sofitel Luxury Hotels has achieved its goal in taking you to sleep like onto fluffy clouds thanks to MyBed, its unique bed concept.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your dinner at the St James Bar. May I suggest you to try our restaurant The Balcon upon your next visit? You will also enjoy it very much.

A très bientôt,

Reviewed 6 October 2012

this has to be one the best hotels in london if not the best in my opinion,the place is so elegant & delightful you just blown away.tremendous room service & very helpful staff.rooms are so clean & looks so pretty & the bathroom is spotless.this place is surely gona make you want to come here many time if you can afford it though but i was here for buisness but would come if for pleasure.really loved my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

I truly thank you to rank us as the best hotel in London. You really made my day!

As a matter of fact we put a lot into serving all of our guests with a genuine passion and I am most happy to hear that you have felt it.

A très bientôt.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here for the second time in August. I love this hotel and we get a good rate however full rate is overpriced! We had a lovely afternoon tea in the Rose Lounge which was the first time we have got around to doing this in all the times we have been to London, the waitress who served us in here was very polite and friendly. The room was spotless and upgraded on arrival, the only let down of our stay was that on the second morning our breakfast didn't arrive and we had a train to catch! We went to the reception and asked for reimbursement for breakfast, they refused to entertain us and were rather rude to be honest. The manager of the restaurant then came over and offered a full refund as he could see that there was a problem at reception and it was one of the waitresses in breakfast that had sent us to reception in the first instance. I hate to complain but we have two young children and just once a year we treat ourselves to a weekend in London and expect everything to be perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank lisa_a

I am most pleased to hear that you have had an overall very enjoyable experience at Sofitel London St James.

Indeed the Afternoon Tea in the Rose Lounge is an amazing experience with an enchanting, charming atmosphere.

I am sorry for the issue with the breakfast which was gently sorted out by the restaurant manager.

I look forward to your next week-end.

Best regards,

Denis Dupart

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is the second stay in a few months and it was once again fantastic. Just a quick stop over whilst on business and it was nice to relax in the spacious room. Ordering room service was efficient and the food was great. The staff cannot do enough for you.
Thank you Sofitel for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JMExeter
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

It is truly rewarding to read such positive feedbacks as yours and I thank you for that.

I will pass on your kind words to my team and in particular to the Room Service Department as it will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

A bientôt.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in February. The hotel is situated just a short walk from the Piccadilly tube station and "everything" is pretty close, so the location is very good :) The staff was very attentive and service was great :)

If you want some luxury while staying in London, stay here, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PaulArneWik

Indeed our central yet quiet location is one of our assets either for business or leisure purposes.

I thank you for mentioning your great satisfaction regarding our standard of services. As a matter of fact we genuinely look after our guests.

I am also greatful to you recommending TripAdvisor surfers to come over to Sofitel London St James.

Au revoir.